Received a job opportunity from CQW Financial Corporation LTD

Avinexis

wait...you gave them ALL that info in the application form...??

Sadly! I'm just glad I'm getting this fixed, stat!

Well you're screwed, time to go to the hospital and get yourself a new birth certificate and start over. :teehee:

I'm bored of my name anyway ;) Haha.

Okay so I've been on the phone to my bank, and I've had transactions closed on my account for the time being and I've been advised to close my account and open a new one. I'm going to do that today and I'll avoid any further contact with "CQW Financial" :)

Thank you very much guys! You've been a great help, especially those of you who did a little checking behind the scenes of the website :thumbsup:

Edited by Danrik

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Closing that account and opening a new one is the best bet imo. Like I said on Steam, it's a bit of a pain but better safe than sorry.

You could alert your government about possible identity theft too, if possible.

Closing that account and opening a new one is the best bet imo. Like I said on Steam, it's a bit of a pain but better safe than sorry.

You could alert your government about possible identity theft too, if possible.

This...ASAP!

Just a quick question... Can anyone get your bank details or scam you if you simply give them your PayPal email address?

Not unless they figure out your password...

Not unless they figure out your password...

Perhaps if they have the account number and sort code and a lot of other personal information, they may be able to contact paypal and retrieve a new password? They'd have to act really fast though...

Reminds me of Fonejacker...lol

Well i'm a little bit late to this thread but maybe future readers might read this as useful.

It is very strange the company to tell you how much are they going to pay you by-email and not personally.

Somtimes they put "we are hiring blablablablalbablalb and the aproximate salary is $xxxx per month, X hours". Most of the time they put that salary information will be agreed on the interview or that one should sent the pretended salary.

At least that happens a lot on Informatics in my country. They ask you how much you want to win. So basically they choose the one who ask less and has more knowledge/reputation/experience.

Danrik - beyond just protecting your bank account right now, I'd recommend reporting this to the appropriate local, state and federal authorities in your country. You might also consider filing a complaint with the ICS. Hopefully your actions to this point have been swift enough to prevent the scammer(s) from cleaning out your bank account. Unfortunately, from this point forward in your life there isn't any limit on how they might attempt to use the personal information you provided. Notifying the proper authorities might help bring down the person(s) responsible for this scam and prevent your 80 year old neighbor from having her life savings cleaned out because she fell for a similar scheme and didn't have the resources or knowledge to find out on her own that this is fraudulent until it was much too late.

There aren't many genuine and reputable companies that would hire an employee without a personal interview with one or more decision makers within that organization. This interview would normally be onsite at their offices or headquarters, but occasionally I've conducted video conference interviews when I'm recruiting personnel from another country. I never experienced a job hire based entirely on the information in an application. The fact that this was an unsolicited (on your part) offer of employment makes it even shadier.

Genuine and reputable companies would never ask you for personal banking information prior to your employment with the company.

Bluntly - you've been hosed and had, rode hard and put up wet, and now you are going to have to be extra diligent for probably the rest of your life to make sure you haven't been a victim of identity theft.