Received a job opportunity from CQW Financial Corporation LTD

Avinexis

Any job invitation online is a scam... ESPECIALLY if they say they're located on Wall Street! lol2.gif

"IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.. IT USUALLY IS!"

Edited by MJCRO

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for the opinions, guys. The guy just tried to call again but I ignored it. It's 9:20AM here, so if anything they're punctual.

I'm tempted to talk to my bank about having them monitor everything in and out of my account by this so called company. Then again with what you guys have said it just seems safer to live and let die. Do you think I would benefit from talking to my bank at all?

I just keep thinking what if there's the smallest glimmer of this being legit? :P

EDIT: I decided to check the name in a Google search again. Here's the query. Now this is just hilarious: Here

Edited by Danrik

Thank you very much for the opinions, guys. The guy just tried to call again but I ignored it. It's 9:20AM here, so if anything they're punctual.

They called at 9:20AM your time, right? That's only about 4:20AM in New York...

They called at 9:20AM your time, right? That's only about 4:20AM in New York...

Oh no, like I said the guy claims to be based in the company's newly-opened London offices. Hence why I said in the first post he's accessible via that London number. It was definitely that same number again.

Oh no, like I said the guy claims to be based in the company's newly-opened London offices. Hence why I said in the first post he's accessible via that London number. It was definitely that same number again.

Aha, must have missed that.

Still, if it looks like a fish and smells like a fish...

Aha, must have missed that.

Still, if it looks like a fish and smells like a fish...

It'll probably taste really good? :P

I think I'll speak to my bank regardless. I feel kind of unsafe just having spoken to this amorphous, secretive entity at all so it'll at least put my mind at ease. I'll ask about what they can do to protect me and my money and depending on that I'll probably just ride this through and see how far I get before the poopy hits the fan, just for shiggles. :D

It'll probably taste really good? :P

I think I'll speak to my bank regardless. I feel kind of unsafe just having spoken to this amorphous, secretive entity at all so it'll at least put my mind at ease. I'll ask about what they can do to protect me and my money and depending on that I'll probably just ride this through and see how far I get before the poopy hits the fan, just for shiggles. :D

You didn't give the scammers any info right? Like nothing for them to try and access your bank account?

You didn't give the scammers any info right? Like nothing for them to try and access your bank account?

I gave them all the info they asked for in the application form. I didn't think anything of it as they simply asked for my account number and sort code - standard information when it comes to being paid money only, not to have it taken out... Still, it doesn't rest easy with me anymore.

I gave them all the info they asked for in the application form. I didn't think anything of it as they simply asked for my account number and sort code - standard information when it comes to being paid money only, not to have it taken out... Still, it doesn't rest easy with me anymore.

I'd definitely let your bank know ASAP. Tell them what to look for and even set up a warning for any transactions, like deposits and withdrawals.