• I Watch Netflix
    • I Watch Hulu
    • I Watch another Streaming Service
    • Other?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blu-Ray, what I don't have on BD I watch on DVD.

I'm pretty low tech in my movie watching but I'm also picky on quality. Streaming is like going back in time but some older movies I will watch on YouTube, rips and Amazon Prime. I probably should consider learning to rip my movies and put them in a central location. I'm actually getting back into CDs because I love difference it provides over digitial copies.

Would be nice if Netflix came to Aus

Netflix used to be a bargain. At it's original monthly pricing for DVD/Bluray & Streaming services you could forgive their almost meaningless selection of streaming titles. I kept my service even after the price increase because I figured eventually (trickle down economics :)) that it would mean their streaming library would improve. Up to this point it hasn't though. We pay almost $20 a month here in the states now. Considering their streaming library and the fact that they are about a month behind everyone else releasing new DVDs and Blurays, the "bargain" factor is debatable at their new pricing. However on positive notes; their streaming service (audio/video quality) is actually quite good and turn around time for DVD and Blurays is admirable. I've also found NF to be a great source for entertainment I would have otherwise missed. Spartacus, The Walking Dead, MI5, Jericho, Firefly, Jeremiah and The Tudors are just a few of the jewels I've happened across in their streaming selection.

But, back to my vote............ We have cable (no premium channels though), cable pay-per-view, DVDs, Blurays, Netflix, Vudu and other "peer to peer" streaming :)

Netflix used to be a bargain. At it's original monthly pricing for DVD/Bluray & Streaming services you could forgive their almost meaningless selection of streaming titles. I kept my service even after the price increase because I figured eventually (trickle down economics :)) that it would mean their streaming library would improve. Up to this point it hasn't though. We pay almost $20 a month here in the states now. Considering their streaming library and the fact that they are about a month behind everyone else releasing new DVDs and Blurays, the "bargain" factor is debatable now at their new pricing. However on positive notes; their streaming service (audio/video quality) is actually quite good and turn around time for DVD and Blurays is admirable. I've also found NF to be a great source for entertainment I would have otherwise missed. Spartacus, The Walking Dead, MI5, Jericho, Firefly, Jeremiah and The Tudors are just a few of the jewels I've happened across in their streaming selection.

But, back to my vote............ We have cable (no premium channels though), cable pay-per-view, DVDs, Blurays, Netflix, Vudu and other "peer to peer" streaming :)

Well considering how we always get slogged more for stuff here $20 probably wouldn't sound bad at all :)

Also a month behind on releases doesn't sound fantastic but I suppose it's not exactly bad anyway because I know I would be waiting for the DVD to be on sale under $10 anyway.

Netflix used to be a bargain. At it's original monthly pricing for DVD/Bluray & Streaming services you could forgive their almost meaningless selection of streaming titles.

I find that it's the other way around now. Their streaming service usually has what I want and the DVD service does not. We only pay for the $8.99 streaming and it's wonderful. :cheers: