Battlefield Premium

greengiant912

I bought it already been having fun trying to complete the new missions but my game play has suffered since i have to use some weapons I hate like the f2000 and the scar-L didnt have any unlocks for either and hated them the first time I tried them having used those 2 has just made me hate those guns more

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you look at it more as an expansion pack model, you can see more of the value in it.

Instead of waiting 2 years to release a full expansion pack, they will release them a lot faster and more regularly.

whatever they did with that patch i'm getting over 10,000 per per match in TMD (before was around 1500) It only took them 8 months to make this game fun-ish online. now they need to fix the fighter jets so you start with some weapons.

If I start playing this game more i'll buy the content. we will see...

I purchased it day 1. Seems like a good deal to me if you are in it for the long haul. I'm looking forward to close quarters actually. Even though I detest COD(smaller maps) it will be nice to have some kill fests in close quarter areas. I have a lot off hours in and it is little stale right now but I think this is what it needed.

BF3 Premium Costs $50 (one-time payment)

5x DLC (valued at $15 each)

Videos

Reset Stats

Extra Dog Tags

In-Game Content (solider/weapon camos and a new melee knife)

Exclusive Events (like double XP)

Strategy Guides

New Assignments

Queue Priority

More Platoon Emblem Customization

and etc.

===========================================================

Non-Premium Costs $75 ($60 with already owned B2K DLC)

4-5x DLC

Nothing else

Outside of the discount on the DLC (assuming you didn't buy any of the DLC yet) that is actually a worse deal than CoD since CoD actually gives all those things in the default game (outside of "new assignments", "queue priority" and "platoon emblem customization").

If you don't own any of the previous DLC and want it than it looks like a great deal, outside of the DLC the package looks rather lame to me. They could have done something really useful, such as include tools that actually improve teamplay ...like implementing features BF2 had or implementing a theater mode.

This game really needs 6 man squads. I think that would make it a much better team game. Especially for us clanners.

Agree - it needs 6-8. It needs VOIP for Squad, VOIP for Team and it needs the Commander role like BF2 had. In addition they could have really expanded on the Commander role. For example it would be nice if the Commander could substitute vehicles for other vehicles. So get rid of some ground vehicle spawns in favor of Jet/Heli spawns ...or anti-air spawns. If its not going with the Commander it should at least show the objectives the other squads are going for so SLs can decide to help or go for a different objective. I think it should notify players when an objective is under heavy fire just like SC2 notifies you when your teammate is under heavy resistence. The spotting system needs tweaking as well... stop putting red triangles on people but don't make it so you have to put your sights on the person to spot them. Some of these they could have implemented BF Premium ...others are probably too OP for premium and should have just been in from the start of the game.

Outside of the discount on the DLC (assuming you didn't buy any of the DLC yet) that is actually a worse deal than CoD since CoD actually gives all those things in the default game (outside of "new assignments", "queue priority" and "platoon emblem customization").

If you don't own any of the previous DLC and want it than it looks like a great deal, outside of the DLC the package looks rather lame to me. They could have done something really useful, such as include tools that actually improve teamplay ...like implementing features BF2 had or implementing a theater mode.

You mind rewording this.

To me it sounds like your excluding everything that BF3 Premium is about and then saying its not a good deal.

Default BF3 (some form of):

Extra Dog Tags

Default CoD MW3:

Profile Tags

Camos

Reset Stats?

Double Exp events

Default MW3 has the events and stats reset, everything else you need to pay for CoD Elite to get.

===============

As far as BF3's teamplay and interface, DICE likes to keep quiet on things until they are close to releasing. I'm pretty sure the industry knows very well what happens when you tell fans we are working on X, when they aren't even close to finishing.

Such features shouldn't be exclusive to BF3 Premium, that's just a horrible idea.

Edited by AZNguyen

You mind rewording this.

Default BF3 (some form of):

Extra Dog Tags

Default CoD MW3:

Profile Tags

Camos

Reset Stats?

Double Exp events

Looks like you already reworded it for me. :P

Such features shouldn't be exclusive to BF3 Premium, that's just a horrible idea.

I already said the same thing with the last sentence in the previous post.

There are some things though that could be implemented for premium that have been asked by fans repeatedly and would not break the balance ...such as theater mode, even BF2 had it. You could increase the squad size and it wouldn't affect balance but that would suck to code, easier just to give it to everyone. If you are worried about balance you could introduce other things such as giving people the ability to post game logs on their page, possibly videos and pictures so it turns their battlelog pages more into a customizable blog than the worthless one it is now. Or if you want to steal ideas from CoD Elite, you can give BF Premium members the ability to play on the maps months before the packs officially launch for everyone else. Offer up not only some virtual prizes but real life prizes as well.

I already stated I think Premium is a decent deal if you plan on owning the 5 DLCs. As you pointed out, even with B2K you still save a few bucks over buying each of the DLC on their own. Outside of that, both Activision's CoD Elite and EA's BF Premium just rub me the wrong way.

Edited by Fogel

theater mode

increase the squad size and it wouldn't affect balance

introduce other things such as giving people the ability to post game logs on their page

give BF Premium members the ability to play on the maps months before the packs officially launch for everyone else.

Offer up not only some virtual prizes but real life prizes as well.

They already mentioned Battle Recorder was on the table a long time ago.

Increasing squad size for Prems will unbalance the game. I play groups of 6-8 people and if we could all be in the same squad, vs a bunch of 4 man squads its not even fair.

Premium lets you save 5 or so of your best game logs to your profile.

That's a pretty dumb idea. Would make sense for beta testing maps, but beta testing a map for months also seems silly if there were no gameplay changes.

There are plenty of 3rd parties that do this already.