Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo 6990 Cooler

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 120 C is technically safe. I keep mine under 100 C to make them last.

Ok good, lets get some moar MHz :evilgrin:

EDIT: Hit a lockup at 960 and 1500, ill probably leave it at 950 and 1450 for now, thats damn good for a air cooled dual gpu card

Edited by Muchoman1

Under 120 C is technically safe. I keep mine under 100 C to make them last.

I almost thought you were talking about GPU temps there for a second :lol: Looks strange seeing that as the 1st post on page 2 :wacko:

:lol: Yeah I can see how that'd be confusing.

My VRM temps on my 5970, even under water cooling, still break 100 C occasionally if I'm doing something particularly intensive (IE: a Furmark-esque benchmark). Other than that, in games, I don't think I've seen over 70-80 C. :cheers:

:lol: Yeah I can see how that'd be confusing.

My VRM temps on my 5970, even under water cooling, still break 100 C occasionally if I'm doing something particularly intensive (IE: a Furmark-esque benchmark). Other than that, in games, I don't think I've seen over 70-80 C. :cheers:

Well thanks for your help with this, im fairly sure i have hit either the memory or core wall at 950 and 1450, with stock voltages thats a nice overclock anyway.

After extended gaming that uses both GPUs the highest temp was 68 on the top one, so this cooler is doing a damn fine job

Nicely done muchoman. Bravo..

I would think now that the stock cooler had either a defective heatpipe or something causing that issue

Thanks for the encouragement.

As for the stock cooler, its a vapour chamber design.

I have been trying to pull it apart for ages, but it has tiny tiny screws holding it together, and three of them do not want to go anywhere, the rest came out after a struggle

This almost makes me want to get a super cooler for my 5970....almost :P

I would go for it, Arctic Cooling make a 5970 cooler thats triple fan.

This thing is silent, and im running an open air testbench, so it is truly silent

On a unrelated note, im trying to decide if its worth it to increase from stock voltages, cause i cant hit 960 core with it atm

I would go for it, Arctic Cooling make a 5970 cooler thats triple fan.

This thing is silent, and im running an open air testbench, so it is truly silent

On a unrelated note, im trying to decide if its worth it to increase from stock voltages, cause i cant hit 960 core with it atm

I'll have to check on some reviews on the dimensions but it should fit, but I'll need to fab my HDD section a little more haha

(older pic of original fab, I two front USB hubs plugged in underneath now as well

P1000832-1.jpg?t=1314150334

Edit: Just priced it and it's just shy of $93 :mellow: ....I think I'll pass, I could just get a more efficient/equal-better performing single core card with the sale of my 5970 and the extra $93 I feel. Oh well, it did seem to perform wonders in the reviews I saw

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I'll have to check on some reviews on the dimensions but it should fit, but I'll need to fab my HDD section a little more haha

(older pic of original fab, I two front USB hubs plugged in underneath now as well

P1000832-1.jpg?t=1314150334

Edit: Just priced it and it's just shy of $93 :mellow: ....I think I'll pass, I could just get a more efficient/equal-better performing single core card with the sale of my 5970 and the extra $93 I feel. Oh well, it did seem to perform wonders in the reviews I saw

Yeah, they certainly arent cheap. When i bought the 6990 the guy wanted to sell his Aquacomputer block with it, if i were keeping this card i would have got the block cause im watercooling, but this card is going to a friend who needs all air

Mythos are you ever going to retire that case?

Yeah, looks like that case has been through a lot. Loving the ghetto look of the bent back sheet metal though :lol: