Upgread my old rig? or get new.? some help.

llhuskyll

Or get a 7850 and oc it's faster then a 670 for 249$ uses less power than NVIDIA

A 7850 is a great card, dont get me wrong, but even overclocked it cannot touch a 670.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or get a 7850 and oc it's faster then a 670 for 249$ uses less power than NVIDIA

A 7850 is a great card, dont get me wrong, but even overclocked it cannot touch a 670.

• 2 weeks later...

Gigabyte GV-N67OC-2GD

+1 BF3 is quite tricky to max out. It uses up to 4 cores if I'm not mistaken, and unlike many games out there, purely depends on the 'computing capabilities' of the GPUs (so PhysX, and those extra features are usually not of much use).

Get the 2500K or if you want IB, the 3570K, coupled with a good Z77 board.

Personally I'd get the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H instead of the D3H TJ linked since for $40 more, the UD5H carries buckloads of features compared to the D3H.

For the GPU, the Gigabyte GV-N67OC-2GD is ridiculously cheap IMO for a custom, 3 fans cooled card. Performs great too. If you really want to max out BF3 (Ultra, 16x AF, 4xMSAA, etc..) I'd look no less than an overclocked GTX670.

There's no need to change your PSU. Andyson is kind of an 'on-off' brand so as long as you've had no problems with your current one, there's no need to change really since 650W should be enough for a 2500K + 670. Better spend the rest of your money on a SSD for short loading time :thumbsup:

:cheers:

how this? dont think going for SSD. wat i need to change here.

post-69435-0-66320600-1339934266_thumb.png

Edited by llhuskyll

Everything looks perfect except for the PSU. I would go for this one if you are looking in the 600w range. The Seasonic PSUs are amazing and will hold up for many, many years. They provide a 5 year warranty (versus the 3 year warranty with the Cooler Master PSU).

I used two of them to build computers very similar and they were solid pieces of electronic goodness ;)

Everything looks perfect except for the PSU. I would go for this one if you are looking in the 600w range. The Seasonic PSUs are amazing and will hold up for many, many years. They provide a 5 year warranty (versus the 3 year warranty with the Cooler Master PSU).

I used two of them to build computers very similar and they were solid pieces of electronic goodness ;)

This pay can hold this rig right ? If u say it's good I will try it. :)

This pay can hold this rig right ? If u say it's good I will try it. :)

Absolutely. I used a kill-a-watt meter to measure my rig under full load, and it only showed that it was pulling 450w from the wall. This with a heavily OC'd i7 and GTX 470. Refer to the picture below; I used the Newegg calculator to quickly verify what they say you will need. They recommended a minimum of 557 watts with all of those extras components added in there. You will be fine :)

post-72669-0-86591600-1339940931_thumb.jpg

Absolutely. I used a kill-a-watt meter to measure my rig under full load, and it only showed that it was pulling 450w from the wall. This with a heavily OC'd i7 and GTX 470. Refer to the picture below; I used the Newegg calculator to quickly verify what they say you will need. They recommended a minimum of 557 watts with all of those extras components added in there. You will be fine :)

Let's rock$roll people! Lol. After 5 years

I'd save money on a non-GEN3 Z68 motherboard (like mine that I'm selling with my i7 2600K ;) ) and use the Samsung Extreme's to save money while also getting better overclocks and timings. Also, invest in a 750W Corsair PSU.

Otherwise, specs look good.

Also, invest in a 750W Corsair PSU.

I would have suggested this as well, but from his past experience he's not looking to go SLI in the future. 750w would be a bit of overkill for just one card.

I would have suggested this as well, but from his past experience he's not looking to go SLI in the future. 750w would be a bit of overkill for just one card.

True, but you never know what the future is going to hold in store for users. SLI is still the best price/performance setup for gaming. However, I've found that for quieter computing, SLI on air is not the quietest, and harder to do with non-reference cards.