Upgread my old rig? or get new.? some help.

llhuskyll

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can alt-tab out of it or just stop using GPUz/Afterburner/etc. It's caused by buggy software reading the card improperly.

Powerstrip does it too if that's how you're forcing your ugly resolution. :P

You can alt-tab out of it or just stop using GPUz/Afterburner/etc. It's caused by buggy software reading the card improperly.

Powerstrip does it too if that's how you're forcing your ugly resolution. :P

You dont, mine reboots the whole machine some times.

I ran stock with no Afterburner/GPu-Z AKA no monitoring tools and still get it - getting rid of monitoring tools doesnt solve the problem.

I ran the custom res by Nvidia CP, but even before I found out about a custom res it still gives the problems at native res.

Some say it's also the set up that we run is that ture?

Not sure, but I run a 3930K, 16Gb 2133mhz RAM on a Corsair AX1200 power supply using a 128Gb SATA 6G SSD so it should work well on such expensive hardware

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K

ASUS P9X79 DELUXE LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Kingston HyperX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory XMP T1 Black Series Model KHX21C11T1BK2/16X ""16 GB RAM for now"

ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX ""one 7870 for now""

2TB seagate 7200K RPM

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

Windows 7 to hold up the 64GB RAM on the P9X79 with 3930K and 60GB ssd for ssd caching.

how is this :) 3months to get all this 1st month is MB/CPU :)

Edited by llhuskyll