Upgread my old rig? or get new.? some help.

llhuskyll

True, but you never know what the future is going to hold in store for users. SLI is still the best price/performance setup for gaming. However, I've found that for quieter computing, SLI on air is not the quietest, and harder to do with non-reference cards.

I agree that you'll never know what the future holds. However, from what I've seen people who wait two or three generations to upgrade their graphics card are just ready to get new architecture instead of bolstering their older hardware. Just my opinion. Ultimately it will be up to the OP whether or not he wants to go SLI, but either way he has good options :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the price of that ram is close to the same, I would definitely go for it since you'll only be dual-channel anyways. That configuration will give you more slots available for future upgrades. I've also heard it's a little easier on the OC if you use less sticks.

Hope you have better luck with that GTX670... Just do some research into the Red Screen of Death problems aka RSOD problems. I have a GTX670 and the driver crashes in nearly every game I play and makes gaming unbearable. Drivers are very immature... Actually trying to trade my GTX670 for my friend's HD7950 lol :lol: