Miata!

BluePanda

Reminds me of that picture of a riced out car with the cold air intake sticking out higher than the top of the windshield. The REALLY REALLY REALLY cold air intake. The colder the better isn't true for engine temperatures. I can assure you that there is an optimal range of temperatures for engines, and if you are under it, it won't run as well or efficiently. If he did need to lower his temps, I'm sure he'd have an easier job getting a better radiator and installing it than fabricating his own cowl hood.

That's why your radiator has a thermostat on it. :P

Cooler engine bay temperatures are always better within reason - especially when the intake is under the hood like on this car. I'll probably figure out a way to do a cold air intake but that's for the future once it's all back together. :D It probably won't be a cowl hood either. :lol:

The colder the better isn't true for engine temperatures. I can assure you that there is an optimal range of temperatures for engines, and if you are under it, it won't run as well or efficiently.
I know this, I'm not talking about a huge decrease.

Installing a cowl hood isn't like a scoop anyways (well thers a high pressure zone near the windshield, so it kind of does at high speeds), especially one so small, it just lets the hot air out at slower speeds not necessarily drawing cool air in.

For shorttrack and autocross though it would help vent quite a bit of heat out of the engine bay.

Screw that no cowl hood, do it the simple, easy and neat way. Just raise the rear of the hood a little.

I saw a rally car that had done this a few years back with the hood for heat and a sort of DIY ghetto style wide body kit by using a bunch of washers to space out the body panels.

It actually looked pretty badass, I tried looking but I could never find the pictures again.

I might do vents or something at some point...we'll see. Right now I just want to get it drivable again. :P

Just run no hood. xD

Screw that no cowl hood, do it the simple, easy and neat way. Just raise the rear of the hood a little.

I've seen it in person and that's the best way. Especially if it's one of those hoods that opens from the middle of the car, like the older muscle cars. They have spacer kits and they work just fine.

I've seen it in person and that's the best way. Especially if it's one of those hoods that opens from the middle of the car, like the older muscle cars. They have spacer kits and they work just fine.

A lot of the muscle cars I saw coming through the shop I worked at had the rear lifted it looks super neat and it is very effective and easy to do.

Grab a set of spanners and screwdrivers and adjust the hood. It still functions 100% hinging up and down. Its just that now there is a decent bit of cooling added for free.

Got the second coat of black on the car today. Looks a LOT better. :D

We pulled the wheels off the car and sprayed them glossy black (my idea) -- I think they look AWESOME. And YES we did paint the tires in the process, but new tires are in order before this thing can be out on the road again. They are in pretty bad shape after getting a closer look.

We cut up some metal for the seat brackets today -- but no pictures yet, have some work to do before they will be holding any seats. haha

Stripes tomorrow probably and likely seat mounting. YAYAYAYAYAYAY

I think I might be more excited than Waco. :D

DSCN2122%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2123%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2124%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2125%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2126%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2127%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2128%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2129%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2130%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2131%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2135%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2137%20(Medium).JPG

Here's a few more. Managed to snap a picture of the pile of change we found under the carpet as well. There's quite a bit there actually and a lot of quarters surprisingly. I'm thinking $7-8 maybe? Pretty gross, and haven't counted it yet...maybe clean it with some coke and give you a final tally. :D

Getting closer!

DSCN2138%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2139%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2140%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2141%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2142%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2143%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2145%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2150%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2152%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2154%20(Medium).JPG

DSCN2155%20(Medium).JPG

Looks real good. You happy with how the second coat looks or will there be a third?

Wheels look good in gloss black. Any idea what type of new tire you'll be getting? If you didn't say it earlier.. lol