Miata!

BluePanda

Those Fiats are fun little cars...but I can't imagine the unreliability of them. :lol:

One other thing came in the mail today - the harnesses. :)

post-8484-0-97576700-1336796488_thumb.jpg

I also got an email this morning letting me know my roll bar has finished production and shipped out - it should be here tomorrow! I can't wait to get this car back together. :D

As for tires - next week it'll be getting four of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/General-AltiMAX-HP-Passenger-Performance-Tire/14963988

Cheap, last a long time, and have pretty good reviews overall for both wet and dry handling. I looked for 195/55R14s but nobody has that size at any reasonable price. No matter what, they'll be better than the crapass rubber on the car now. :teehee:

Are you gonna daily drive with a harness or only wear it at the track? Even I wouldn't daily drive a 5 point harness, and I'm willing to daily drive nearly anything. :lol:

It'll have both sets of belts. Most harnesses aren't DOT approved and would likely garner me a ticket. :lol: At least if I have the original belts too they probably won't give me a ticket. :lol:

It'll have both sets of belts. Most harnesses aren't DOT approved and would likely garner me a ticket. :lol: At least if I have the original belts too they probably won't give me a ticket. :lol:

DOT Approved crap is such a load of BS. If they're ok for racing, and you've got a roll cage (in my scenario) and racing seats, I don't see why it should be illegal. Why would I get in trouble for making my car SAFER?! That's what I'll be doing. Run two sets of belts, normal ones for city cruising, 5 points for long highway trips for safety.

DOT Approved crap is such a load of BS. If they're ok for racing, and you've got a roll cage (in my scenario) and racing seats, I don't see why it should be illegal. Why would I get in trouble for making my car SAFER?! That's what I'll be doing. Run two sets of belts, normal ones for city cruising, 5 points for long highway trips for safety.

You need DOT approved harnesses to take the car on the street. Just because it's fine on a race track doesn't mean it is street legal.

You need DOT approved harnesses to take the car on the street. Just because it's fine on a race track doesn't mean it is street legal.

But for once Onion isn't being a n00b, the belts SHOULD be street legal if they are inherently better than the stock seatbelts.

They make it nearly impossible to look over your shoulder when used properly. :cheers:

Easy solution. Use your mirrors and lay on the throttle.

You simply are an idiot. :D

If you would like a more conventional solution, get the things on your mirrors to eliminate blind spots, like the new mustangs.

If you're mirrors are adjusted properly you really shouldn't need to look over your shoulder.

I didn't even know people looked over their shoulders... Seems kind of unsafe. What I do is sometimes (rarely) lean forward to get a different perspective on my left wing mirror.