C'mon, already Nvidia!

Diablo III is just around the corner and is the sole reason I built a new gaming rig. I've held off on getting a video card, instead using the HD3000 integrated on the i5 2500K. The wait for an announcement on the GTX660 or 670 is killing me. I may just put off playing D3 until I can pick one of those up but I have gamers OCD.

OH, THE HUMANITY!

This. I ran the beta completely maxed out on two 5770s at 1920x1080.

You don't need anything remotely close to what the supposed GTX 660 or 670 will bring. A GTX 560 Ti or non-Ti would be fine, heck, even a GTX 460 if you can get one for a good price.

A single 4870 is the "Recommended" requirements...not even the minimum!

You don't even need anything near current gen to cap 60fps.

Well, I do want to get something that can take on more taxing games in the near future. I'm torn because the pricing on the GTX570 right now is very tempting, but there are a hell of alot more cores on a GTX660, if the specs are to be believed. If it comes out around the $350-$400 mark, I'm not going to be happy at all should I decided to spend now. There just isn't any info out there as to a possible release window and it's a little frustrating. You'd think they'd at least hint at something, to generate hype.

I'm torn because the pricing on the GTX570 right now is very tempting, but there are a hell of alot more cores on a GTX660, if the specs are to be believed.

More cores doesnt equate to the same gains on the Kepler architecture. The 1536 cores on the GTX680 dont equate to 3x the performance of the 512 core GTX580 ;)

I feel your pain. Been waiting forever for the 680s to be in stock. And then I read things like this (granted, the site's name suggests that it might not be completely accurate)

Bah...I'm more than half tempted to just go AMD now.

I don't know if the TT article was authentic or not (not much reason to believe it wasn't), but if it is, then I'm holding out for the GTX670. It outstrips the 580 by such a wide margin that it seems silly to bother with a 560 Ti 448 or a 570 at this point.