the Fitness Thread

day 3 - knocked a minute off my best time :) - 19min 26s.

weighing in just under 70kg at 6' 3" and miraculously still sporting toned if well not defined abs and well all around muscles.
have i told you recently that i hate you :P

might see each other at the marathon although i imagine it will be quite hard given the number of people there. that and you'll probably be doing the longer version or the under 25min category

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! Well I weigh 218 lbs/99 kg/15.6 stone and I am 6'5.

I have been hitting the bike a lot lately, playing softball, and switching up the weightlifting program to more volume for the next month as I try to drop a few more pounds before a wedding at the end of June.

day 3 - knocked a minute off my best time :) - 19min 26s.

have i told you recently that i hate you :P

might see each other at the marathon although i imagine it will be quite hard given the number of people there. that and you'll probably be doing the longer version or the under 25min category

Nah I aint really a runner :P but sub 25 well of I couldn't I would be pissed considering my official pb to walk 5k is 23.23.

You might hate me more if I told you my fat burning diet for today, 2x medium mc chicken meals half a large pizza, half a loaf of garlic bread, scones and a chicken rice dish.

Work out was scrubbing down the car and giving it a real good clean. Tomorrow off to listy :)

Nah I aint really a runner :P but sub 25 well of I couldn't I would be pissed considering my official pb to walk 5k is 23.23.

i forgot being 6"3, you take 5 steps and you've covered 20m :lol:

You might hate me more if I told you my fat burning diet for today, 2x medium mc chicken meals half a large pizza, half a loaf of garlic bread, scones and a chicken rice dish.

Jerk :teehee:

It was raining and 13C all day here today, and the boss started giving me $#!T when I mentioned that i was thinking of running on the treadmill tonight instead of around the block. So guess which idiot went and got soaked to spite him :lol:

i forgot being 6"3, you take 5 steps and you've covered 20m :lol:

Jerk :teehee:

It was raining and 13C all day here today, and the boss started giving me $#!T when I mentioned that i was thinking of running on the treadmill tonight instead of around the block. So guess which idiot went and got soaked to spite him :lol:

You are an idiot the weather is sh¡t right now just miserable cold and wet. I wouldn't go running in this haha.

Never made it to lysterfield grrr there was a birthday party I forgot about. Will make up for it with a run across dunes tomorrow when I head down to rye.

Yeah I do have a huge stride, my legs can make me look really slow but next to someone else it makes me look like I am cruising way too easy.

You are an idiot the weather is sh¡t right now just miserable cold and wet. I wouldn't go running in this haha

i could have told you that i was an idiot :teehee:. I was wearing a waterproof jacket over t-shirt over a long sleeve shirt and trackies so the cold wasnt an issue. I can tell you from experience it gives you that little bit of extra motivation to push harder and get home quicker :lol:. Map-my-run said i did it in 20 flat but it was closer to 19:40 because i was stood fumbling trying to get my phone out of my pocket for 20s at the end. so almost a pb :P

Edited by bilcliff

i could have told you that i was an idiot :teehee:. I was wearing a waterproof jacket over t-shirt over a long sleeve shirt and trackies so the cold wasnt an issue. I can tell you from experience it gives you that little bit of extra motivation to push harder and get home quicker :lol:. Map-my-run said i did it in 20 flat but it was closer to 19:40 because i was stood fumbling trying to get my phone out of my pocket for 20s at the end. so almost a pb :P

I can tell from more experience that it plain sucks :lol:

I used to go to jells park every Sunday 7:00 to do a 10k regardless of weather. Which ment it could be . down or there could be frost on the ground. On those crap days it was just miserable haha

Still think your an idiot ;) but I am an even bigger one for some of the training I have done in the past and then even bigger again for stopping.

Edit: you should train along heatherton road :P I vote run from Narry north I think shops (with the post office and iga) to the m1 and back. Would make great hill and distance training and you would kill the melb marathon.

Edited by Stonerboy779

I can tell from more experience that it plain sucks :lol:

I used to go to jells park every Sunday 7:00 to do a 10k regardless of weather. Which ment it could be . down or there could be frost on the ground. On those crap days it was just miserable haha

Still think your an idiot ;) but I am an even bigger one for some of the training I have done in the past and then even bigger again for stopping.

Edit: you should train along heatherton road :P I vote run from Narry north I think shops (with the post office and iga) to the m1 and back. Would make great hill and distance training and you would kill the melb marathon.

you know where you can shove that idea :lol: according to google maps not all of it has footpath and last time i checked the melb marathon isnt cross-country :lol:. oh and i hate hills :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ran/jogged 4 times last week. Same ~3.4km route every time

Monday: 20:00

Tuesday: 19:36

Wednesday: 19:20

Thursday: 18:52

then went out Friday to the rugby and stupidly took the long weekend off. killing the good rhythm i had going. Started back up tuesday.

This week so far:

Tuesday: 19:18

Wednesday: 19:12

Thursday: 18:41 - New PB. probably would have been closer to 18:30 if not for getting stuck giving way to cars / fumbling app on phone

If i can go under 18:30 I'll be very happy with my progress for ~2.5weeks. considering 2 weeks ago i was around the 20:30 mark. Next week: new slightly longer route

• 1 month later...

I've lost 22 pounds total so far. About 7" from my stomach and 5" from my waist. Soon I'll be needing to find some of my older clothes that I haven't worn since high school. :D

I've lost 22 pounds total so far. About 7" from my stomach and 5" from my waist. Soon I'll be needing to find some of my older clothes that I haven't worn since high school. :D

Wow nice man!! Congratz, you gotta keep up the good work.

I think I've lost about 35 lbs now, but i didn't look 7" from my stomach and 5" from my waist, you really bossed it up there, I only lost like 3 on my stomach and 2 on my waist. Waist i probably can't lose much more, but my stomach could stand to lose another 5" or so, lol.

Again man really happy for you, How do you feel? Better I'd assume.