Because...

BluePanda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heck WacoPanda just go get a salvage engine that did not experience the same issue. Send it out to have the engine redone and mods done and Drop it back in. Depending on when the timing belt snapped, usually at high or peak RPM, then you may have bent valves, cracked pistons, ruined valve seats, a bent rod, and the list just keeps going.

There would not be an end to what I would do to that car if I had the means and time to mod it. Exteneded wheel wells, Widers tires, Flairs, different diff....

What kind of car is this anyhow. a Honda....... WHat

Heck WacoPanda just go get a salvage engine that did not experience the same issue. Send it out to have the engine redone and mods done and Drop it back in. Depending on when the timing belt snapped, usually at high or peak RPM, then you may have bent valves, cracked pistons, ruined valve seats, a bent rod, and the list just keeps going.

Wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of getting it running ourselves? :P

From a cursory look (and feel, spinning the crankshaft and the camshaft gears) there might not be any real damage at all. I think what happened is that the water pump bearing completely burned out and seized at some point when the car was parked. The next time it was started, it busted the timing belt. We'll find out tomorrow I guess. :biggrin:

EDIT: And yes, our shed is a complete wreck. :lol: We don't own this place - if we did I'd knock the whole thing down and build a proper garage.