Funny things non computer savy friends tell you

Il_napoletano

What we really need is a thread where you wish people were less tech savvy. :lol:

I'm working on a computer right now and the owner has music folders on it, and one genre in particular has some interesting spelling to it, I'll just spell it out and let you guys guess.

.'ry.

Obviously it's blocked but I'm sure some of you will still be able to guess.

Took me a while but that's pretty average in my experience. Although most of my clients have been teenagers who think things like that are god's gift to humor but still.

What we really need is a thread where you wish people were less tech savvy. :lol:

I'm working on a computer right now and the owner has music folders on it, and one genre in particular has some interesting spelling to it, I'll just spell it out and let you guys guess.

.'ry.

Obviously it's blocked but I'm sure some of you will still be able to guess.

I used to have a friend that spelt reggae, rigay...

as I'm the OP...you can add what stories you want...:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6si8Xp8P-M&feature=related

Waco and I were discussing this in a thread a while ago. I had a long discussion with a newegg tech who told me that they get PSU's sent back because people (first time builders) who get the PSU un-boxed and test it by plugging it into the wall. when it doesn't start up, they think it's DOA and send it back.

[media]SNIP[media]

Waco and I were discussing this in a thread a while ago. I had a long discussion with a newegg tech who told me that they get PSU's sent back because people (first time builders) who get the PSU un-boxed and test it by plugging it into the wall. when it doesn't start up, they think it's DOA and send it back.

The PSUs that got scraped and were only sent back because someone forgot to flick the on switch at the back?

all my friends have taken tech classes and are usually some what intelligent about PCs. So this is the best I can do :P

HAHA,stupid Norwegians :biggrin:

i don't want to live in this country anymore....

Edited by StoneBridge

I love it when my friend calls his tower a hard drive. lol2.gif

I hear this so often I want to smack people.

Also what do people not understand about exploded x on your mobo, means your mobo is dead or dying, if a piston exploded(more likely was ejected) in your engine it would be considered dead.

Or my favorite you can connect an external KB&M to your laptop, and then you can connect as second monitor to your laptop as they wounder in amazement.

My head nearly exploded. And of course, when doing photoshops for friends back in high school: "That picture you gave me was too small to make any larger, it gets way too grainy." "Well duh, just enhance it! I thought you knew what you were doing?"

any excuse to dig up this castle clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMdXjTn9rc

For anyone that can't figure it, it's Country music, take away the "o" and you get...

reminds me of this family guy clip at the 0.25 mark. Warning NFSW

Still in The Digital Dark Ages

(Tech Support Call)

Tech: "Thanks for calling [iSP]. I'm [name], how can I help you?"

Caller: "There's no light in my castle!"

Tech: *confused* "Uh....tell me a little more about the problem. Can you reach any websites?"

Caller: "NO! How can I get to a website with no light in my castle?!"

Tech: *still confused* "Could you explain...a little further?"

Caller: *becoming irate* "I've poked its belly button a bunch of times, but there's no light in my castle!"

Tech: *epiphany* "Oh! The power light on your desktop tower is not lit?"

Customer: "Tower, castle, whatever! How am I supposed to know all this technical stuff?!"

(Tech Support Call)

Tech: *confused* "Uh....tell me a little more about the problem. Can you reach any websites?"

Caller: *becoming irate* "I've poked its belly button a bunch of times, but there's no light in my castle!"

Customer: "Tower, castle, whatever! How am I supposed to know all this technical stuff?!"

Love it :lol:

(Tech Support Call)

At first I was like "Wtf?" But then I saw the last sentence and I died of laughter lol.

My girlfriend's daughter's father (baby daddy if you prefer).. Thinks he's king computer..

You know how you do multi monitor set ups, and you can drag a window from one monitor to the next? Well, I have that set up here in our living room, and the tirtiary monitor is the TV itself, halfway across the room.

I showed this dude this setup and he goes "Wow, so if you set another monitor on the chair, you can catch the window in motion right?"

I face-walled IRL.. He seems to think just dropping an unplugged monitor anywhere in between the existing monitors will cause it to work.. Like I have some imaginary line of screen drawn, and I just have to drop the screens in place to make the stuff appear..

How do people even think this sh.t up?