Blast from the past!

MJCRO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some TIM replacement. Old paste was so dried out.

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

Also did a Heaven 3.0 benchmark. All settings max, no AA.

2600K @ 4.8, RAM @ stock, cards all @ stock too.

Capture-2.jpg

Capture1.jpg

I may have overlooked if you talked about it already but does the top card get much hotter than the bottom?

Also good job on replacing the TIM, that stuff must've been stifling the cooling quite a bit.

Any difference once you replaced it?

Three GTX 285s are faster than a lot of things today. :P

Even one GTX 285 is still pretty powerful.

I just put a my old gtx285 in my rig with the i7-3930k system I just put together..since it had a water block on it, hmm, I have a 2nd waterblock maybe I should look for another gtx285...but then I'd have to put a 2nd rad on the system...as im pushing it now with just a 240.

I may have overlooked if you talked about it already but does the top card get much hotter than the bottom?

Also good job on replacing the TIM, that stuff must've been stifling the cooling quite a bit.

Top card runs a tad warmer than the middle card while the bottom runs the coolest.

Temp's also have dropped down about 10C at load. Before, middle card would hit 95C, now doesn't even get to 85C. :biggrin:

Top card runs a tad warmer than the middle card while the bottom runs the coolest.

Temp's also have dropped down about 10C at load. Before, middle card would hit 95C, now doesn't even get to 85C. :biggrin:

That's a hell of an improvement.

I should take mine apart, it runs like a furnace.

Nearly 85C loaded @ ~stock settings.

That's a hell of an improvement.

I should take mine apart, it runs like a furnace.

Nearly 85C loaded @ ~stock settings.

Sub 60C loaded, in 20C ambient, with 40% fan on the hotter of my two 560s :)

What is all this 80C+ stuff? I only ever once came close to 80C when I ran furmark.

Sub 60C loaded, in 20C ambient, with 40% fan on the hotter of my two 560s :)

What is all this 80C+ stuff? I only ever once came close to 80C when I ran furmark.

i hit 70 on heaven benchmark on my top 7770, but it is overclocked to 1100 1200 and the fan never goes above 30%

edit, it is also almost 40 degreees ambient today

Edited by Muchoman1

Just hit 92C with OCCT.

I shut it off... :/

It's about time I blow out my case anyways, I'm sure the card is rather dusty.

Plus I heard this variant ran hot anyways.

there is a guy here in phx az selling three gtx 285's for $300 obo http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/sys/2835289024.html

Yeah the cards idle around 60C for the middle card, but not bad for 3-way on these space heaters. But replacing the paste helped a ton. Hottest card before was idling in the low 70C's.

@jdm

That's a banging deal. I'm trying to look for 2GB models for 3-way. I should do some trolling on craigslist for cards in the lower tristate by me.

Yeah the cards idle around 60C for the middle card, but not bad for 3-way on these space heaters. But replacing the paste helped a ton. Hottest card before was idling in the low 70C's.

@jdm

That's a banging deal. I'm trying to look for 2GB models for 3-way. I should do some trolling on craigslist for cards in the lower tristate by me.

ya if i only had a x58 rig id snatch them up.

but it also gives me a good reason to build one :whistling: