Is my e-350 too hot?

nugga

I'm running an e-350 in my HTPC, but i can't tell whatever it's too hot or not.

My case is an Antec ISK 310-150 with a 80mm side fan with a 3-speed fan controller.

The motherboard is a GA-E350N-USB3 from Gigabyte with a very small and maybe a bit noisy CPU-fan running at 4000RPM.

I tried to disconnect the CPU-fan and keep the side fan at the lowest speed, but i get temps at around 70c in EasyTune and 90c in CoreTemp. Then i disconnected the side fan, but kept the CPU-fan running and got only around 5c less.

In either case i think the temps get a bit high, but i can't decide whatever it is too high or not?

So i thought, maybe some of you have similar system and want to share their colling setup?

thanks a lot.

@Dan the Gamer

Well the Heatzink came preinstalled onto the APU.

@tacohunter52

The HTPC stands right next to my tv, so a silent system i really appreciated :) and as i said the APU-fan is a bit noisy

Maybe somebody can recommend another APU-cooler?

I took a stock AMD Heatsink fan with the PWM 4-wire and modded to the top of mine.... cool running and very quiet...

got any stock AMD fans off old heatsinks?

any quiet 60mm fan should work

Sounds like a solution, got any pictures? :D

nope I dont...

In my other HTPC case which has an Atom/ION board and is fanless it has heat holes in the case directly over the board. I screwed a 60mm quiet fan to those holes and it cools the whole thing... and it dropped the temp 20c... I'd say that was well worth it

nope I dont...

In my other HTPC case which has an Atom/ION board and is fanless it has heat holes in the case directly over the board. I screwed a 60mm quiet fan to those holes and it cools the whole thing... and it dropped the temp 20c... I'd say that was well worth it

Hmm not a easy mod in my case :( I thinks it's easier just to buy another cooler, but thanks anyway :)

In all Honesty?

I would probably cut a fan hole over the board and put a grill on it. OR remove the fan on the CPU and add an 90mm quiet fan over the top... that's what i would do...noise and temps will not be an issue then... you just need a hole-saw or cut off tool to make the fan hole

Doubt you will find an aftermarket cooler for that. Looking at the pictures on newegg of that board it looks like it's using a custom cooler. And looking at the case, it doesnt look like you have a lot of extra room there.. probibly have to mod the case to add a bigger/quiteter fan above the heatsink but it's difficult to tell from the pictures I was looking at.