Awesome parenting

Silas13013

Noooooo no no. I am not saying that would happen at all. I am simply saying what if. I mean as it already stands, shooting up a laptop isn't exactly the most sane thing to do. I think we can both agree to that. I think it was rage based. I mean for anyone to start whipping out a gun to prove a point is a person to be watching.

So what COULD BE the next step. Basically I am saying where dose an individual draw the line if they are the type of person that goes so far as to use a gun for teaching lessons.

So by NO MEANS am I saying that is the next logical setup for a normal individual. However, you also have to give me some leeway here. I mean a guy literally blew up his house with his kids in it. Am I saying that you, I, or any normal person would take that as the next step. I most certainly am not. However, if you just look at the news today, you will see that there certainly not a lack of people that would do that as the next step. I am just concerned which side of the fence this guy is on if you understand what I mean.

Yea your just saying the same thing you said before. Because someone shot a laptop with a gun there next step is shooting their kid. Your saying that if they shot up a laptop then they may very well not know where the line is and could just go kill there kid with the gun.

Thats just insane.

Shooting your kids laptop to make a point is not abnormal. He's not crazy for doing it, if my kid did something like that, then they got caught and told never to do it again, then directly disobeyed me, I'd probably do something like that too, I don't think I'd make a video of it and go to the lengths that he did to make his point, but thats just because I'm lazy.

I'd probably take my kid outside with me and tell him to bring his gun. Set his or her laptop down range and tell them to shoot it, and if they didn't shoot it I would. And then tell them the reason they are shooting there laptop is because they disobeyed me, and not only that but disgraced me. They might think twice about doing so in the future after that.

Or I'd just give them a good whipping with the belt, ether or :teehee:

(but the making them shoot there own laptop thing is so much more inventive! Lol but that'd probably be a little cruel border line mentally cruel at that point so I probably wouldn't do something like that, just give them the belt.)

Edited by Gr4vitas

Yea your just saying the same thing you said before. Because someone shot a laptop with a gun there next step is shooting their kid. Your saying that if they shot up a laptop then they may very well not know where the line is and could just go kill there kid with the gun.

Thats just insane.

Shooting your kids laptop to make a point is not abnormal. He's not crazy for doing it, if my kid did something like that, then they got caught and told never to do it again, then directly disobeyed me, I'd probably do something like that too, I don't think I'd make a video of it and go to the lengths that he did to make his point, but thats just because I'm lazy.

I'd probably take my kid outside with me and tell him to bring his gun. Set his or her laptop down range and tell them to shoot it, and if they didn't shoot it I would. And then tell them the reason they are shooting there laptop is because they disobeyed me, and not only that but disgraced me. They might think twice about doing so in the future after that.

(but the making them shoot there own laptop thing is so much more inventive! Lol but that'd probably be a little cruel border line mentally cruel at that point so I probably wouldn't do something like that, just give them the belt.)

Unless they turn that gun on you :O

He didn't once appear to me as "raged". He was pretty calm even...

Suuuuuuuuuuuure. Charles Manson was calm cool and collected. So was the Night Stalker?

Base your assumptions off of his actions, not his words and you will see a whole different story.

Unless they turn that gun on you :O

I would have raised them better than that :thumbsup:

My kids are going to love me because im going to love them, I'm going to do all kinds of fun stuff with them we're going to be homies.

But he'll know to listen to me...

Suuuuuuuuuuuure. Charles Manson was calm cool and collected. So was the Night Stalker?

Base your assumptions off of his actions, not his words and you will see a whole different story.

I am. I'm just not anti-gun so I don't automatically assume he's raging, out of control and mentally unstable to try and prove my points.

Thats just insane.

Well then. I am sure your kids will love your forever and ever and be there to hold your hand when you are on your death bed, and they will remember you forever as their loving father.

Seriously dude, do you hate kids or something? Would you get some sort of pleasure out of doing that? How can you even look your kids in the eye and tell them you love them if you would hit them with a belt?

Why don't you try hitting someone on the street with a belt and see where that gets you. ;)

Why don't you try hitting someone on the street with a belt and see where that gets you. ;)

Your logic is completely assbackwards. You're saying we should sit down and have adult conversations with kids. And to see what happens if you hit some random person on the street as if they were a kid...durr?

I am. I'm just not anti-gun so I don't automatically assume he's raging, out of control and mentally unstable to try and prove my points.

Wow. Just wow.

You know who else used guns for proving points? Those nice kids that used to go to columbine high school. But I suppose you agree with them? All the other kids were picking on them. What terrible kids the rest of them were. They ALL deserved to be punished. So they were. With guns. But since those kids were calm cool and collected, I guess they had their heads on straight.

So you see where that idea starts to break down? :whistling:

Why stop at Columbine? Lets prove Godwin's Law and try and figure out how many less Jews would have been killed if Germany banned guns?

An extreme example for one side doesn't make the other side any less relevant. How many would be rapings, murders and robberies do you think have been prevented from armed citizens?

Your logic is completely assbackwards. You're saying we should sit down and have adult conversations with kids. And to see what happens if you hit some random person on the street as if they were a kid...durr?

What I am saying is all of your logic is THE WRONG WAY AROUND

I am saying that you all claim that hitting your own kid (which should be the first indicator that something is wrong) with a belt, or else wise, and then claim it is not abuse. However, if you were to do the same thing to your kid as to another adult, you would be arrested for abuse.

The logic is that if you do something like that to another person, it is abuse, but if you do it to your kid, it is fine. Do you see the problem yet?

I mean call it abuse, and you can either use it for punishment or not. Don't go around saying that hitting kids with a belt is fine because you are doing it to a kid. That is just the most evil thing I can hear. Seriously are any of you listening to yourselves?

As for the adult conversation thing, I am very confused on how you think they tie together. Please explain your thinking a bit better and I will respond.

Edited by boinker
Language