The ultimate free for all about cars

Tjj226_Angel

260 in the SC/SS vs 215 for the 525i. It also weighs like 800lbs less.
Then take into account that parts are cheaper for the Chevy (tires as well) and that it's easier to get work done on it.

Plus it's 'just a Cobalt' so you feel less bad about ripping everything non-essential out of it and making it that much quicker.

:lol:

>Awesome, time to show Waco what's up with a 335i, a 1 series, a used M3, or maybe even a Z4M, that'll show him what BMW precision engineering is all about (As a student at Clemson he'll have no idea what that is

BMW has a huge presence here. :lol: I was hoping for something like that too.

This whole argument has me rolling. :P

Edited by Waco

I have an 2003 Audi A6 with the 2.7 twin turbo @280HP.

I am planning on selling it in next 2-3 months and getting a newer one. 06-09

Favorite car would be a tough but I like the Audi RS6 and the BMW M5.

Because supercharges whine :P

My favourite being an '03 Cobra

And turbos don't? :P

I'd much rather have dual ball bearing turbos even over a screw-type super, they give tons more boost, especially with the better bearings :D

And turbos don't? :P

I'd much rather have dual ball bearing turbos even over a screw-type super, they give tons more boost, especially with the better bearings :D

I've never heard my turbos whine O_o I hear them spool down sometimes... if I had a blow off valve I'd hear that too, but I'm not sure about a whine :P

Well, the turbos I'm thinking of are admittedly a little unorthodox, they fit on the exhaust after the muffler :lol:

I'm not so sure the placement of the turbochargers matter, then again I guess they are further away from engine noise.

and I'm not completely disagreeing with you, turbos do make noise spooling up but my initial post a up the page a bit was just saying that you'd get a better whine from a supercharger.

STS makes some rear mounted turbo systems and I don't think those whine anymore than other turbo systems.

Those are the turbos I'm talking about :P

I've heard a few sound clips of them and they sound like a whistle, maybe that's just poor sound quality though. The twin turbos on my Peterbilt definitely whine though ;)