The ultimate free for all about cars

Tjj226_Angel

Our neighbor has one of those. I am not sure about the 427ci part, but it is a 68 corvette. Just make sure you get a different roof for the car. The original one is such a pain, and it leaks like AMD.

There's nothing wrong with the design...the seal just needs to be replaced if it gets damaged.

There's nothing wrong with the design...the seal just needs to be replaced if it gets damaged.

I never said there was anything wrong with the design :huh:

Basically the roof gets old and as your say the seal gets damaged. Yes you can sit there and get it repaired, but nothing beats a brand new roof.

I never said there was anything wrong with the design :huh:

Basically the roof gets old and as your say the seal gets damaged. Yes you can sit there and get it repaired, but nothing beats a brand new roof.

Why the hell would you replace a perfectly good roof panel because of a $10 seal? Do you have any idea what replacement tops cost? Not to mention trying to match the paint...

Sounds reasonable to me. I mean why replace the wiper blade when you can replace the whole wiper? It's genius!

And the motor for the wiper, the cabling too and while your at it the battery is old and so is the alternator.

The $800 fix has to be better than the $8 after all I spent 100x times more stands to reason it a 100x better.... Right?

:lol:

Rubber always dies in old cars seals, wipers, hoses and belts you replace them before replacing other things it's just silly to try and do it the other way round Tj.

you people are silly tonight haha.

God for only being 24 I've had quite a few cars, admittedly, I am pretty fantastic at killing them, at least for the first few years I was driving

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, got it from my dad for free as my first car when he bought his LeSabre, frame rotted out near the firewall and the whole motor and trans dropped onto the steering rack, wasn't worth fixing at that point considering the massive amount of rust on the car but I did manage to drive it home, that thing was a tank, survived my dad driving it as a pizza car for 6 years and some 80.k mile oil changes, the old 2.5 Iron Duke had 297.k on it when it dropped out of the car and still ran.

1993 Plymouth Sundance 4 door, the amount of air this car saw was insane, I actually bent the frame at the firewall clearing the distance of a house about 4 feet off the ground once, after getting about 27 tickets for no exhaust, a broken windshield, and no turn signals, i ended up parking it and just driving my Acclaim, sold it for $100 to a guy looking for a first car for his son, that poor little $50 beater took everything a speed crazy teenager could throw at it and came out running.

1994 Plymouth Acclaim, my dad gave it to me after my parents got my grandmas's Explorer, pretty much the same car as the Sundance minus the duct tape racing stripes, lack of exhaust, hatchback, and broken windshield, it did have a lot more rust though, I ended up putting a rod through the side of the block drag racing it, I don't think it ever saw the south side of half throttle the entire time I owned it and 40,000 miles of full throttle might have played a big part in it's downfall.

1978 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, loved this tank, bought it from a friend for $580, wiring on this car was a nightmare, putting $80 a week in premium wasn't that fun either but man did I love that big 425, drifted like a baws too, all you had to do was stomp the gas, throw the wheel, coutersteer, and feather the throttle. eventually enough of the wiring cooked itself that it wouldn't start any more, since re-wiring the car would have cost me 6 times what I'd paid for it, I ended up selling it for $600.

1986 Chrysler Laser XE, my mom gave it to me after she bought her Passat, still have it but I spun a bearing in the turbo over the summer and haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, pretty minty for a 26 year old mopar from Michigan.

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport, 2.5 I4, 5-speed manual, rwd, bought it from a friend before he moved to washington for $1100, this little thing is a champ I've seen it pull through some . that bigger, more powerfull 4x4's have gotten stuck in, and it just. won't. die 180,xxx miles still going strong.

I'm probably going to be buying an 84 Lincoln Towncar this weeken as well, I miss my barge haha.

I've technically never been in an accident, although I did ram someone from behind on purpose at about 15~20 in my sundance because they cut me off, cutting off a 17 year old driving a $50 car with a bumper that's already halfway off = not a good idea. I also pushed someone through a red light with my caddy because they weren't turning right, it was like 1:30 in the morning, we were the only 2 cars on the road, and I'd just worked a 16 hour shift, I REALLY wanted to get home and sleep haha

If I could have any car ever, 1971 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible, converted to rear wheel drive 500 CiD (8.2L) V8 white over white with a red leather interior, what's not to love about a 20 foot long, nearly 8 foot wide 5000 pound 6 seater 2 dor convertible? :P

Being a dumb a** teenager, thinking you can do whatever you want because you're angry at the world and own a car, my drivings calmed down quite a bit since then, I do tend to speed a bit still but I'm not doing 80 through the sub anymore or trying to racecar through traffic, I'd rather spen my money on something other than car repairs and speeding tickets haha.

I was a total dick when I was a teenager, I kind of regret it now but you can't change the past so meh.

don't run in to peoples cars kids!

Being a dumb a** teenager, thinking you can do whatever you want because you're angry at the world and own a car, my drivings calmed down quite a bit since then, I do tend to speed a bit still but I'm not doing 80 through the sub anymore or trying to racecar through traffic, I'd rather spen my money on something other than car repairs and speeding tickets haha.

I was a total dick when I was a teenager, I kind of regret it now but you can't change the past so meh.

don't run in to peoples cars kids!

Where do you live, a farm in Wyoming??? If you push someone through a red light with your car in any major city, you will get shot.

Seriously, wtf man? If someone rear ended my car on purpose I would beat the snot out of them, no question about it.

Being a dumb a** teenager, thinking you can do whatever you want because you're angry at the world and own a car, my drivings calmed down quite a bit since then

If I had pulled the crap you did my parents would have made sure I didn't have a car. :lol:

Suburbs north of Detroit, actually, but yeah, I'm surprised me and my friends are still alive, let alone have drivers licenses still after all the dumb s** we pulled in highschool and the year or so after, just glad we all grew up enough before we killed someone.

My parents figured the repair bills plus defective equipment and speeding tickets were enough of a punishment I guess =x

let's get this back on the topic of cars and away from how to not drive them, I'm sure we've all done something idiotic in our vehicles at some point in time right?