PSU DOA?

Ok I bought the SEASONIC|X-1250 1250W RT, I built my system, installed my water cooling and put distilled water in it. I then plugged it in and turned it on. Nothing. I mean nothing happened. I then disconnected all my connections from the PSU and tried again. Nothing again. So the last thing I tried was to use a different cord. Still Nothing! Any idea's or do I have a DOA PSU?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I bought the SEASONIC|X-1250 1250W RT, I built my system, installed my water cooling and put distilled water in it. I then plugged it in and turned it on. Nothing. I mean nothing happened. I then disconnected all my connections from the PSU and tried again. Nothing again. So the last thing I tried was to use a different cord. Still Nothing! Any idea's or do I have a DOA PSU?

Hook up a few fans to some molex connectors and use the paper clip trick. Turn on your PSU and the fans should start up. if not, probably DOA. Good thing seasonic customer support is nice :biggrin:

Oh ok. I will contact SEASONIC in the morning. The reason why I thought that I was to send it to newegg is because they have a RMA option. I did try the paper clip trick and nothing. It kills me to find this out after I spent hours trying to figure how to plug everything in. I started working at 6PM and its now 2:30AM. Someone kill me plz!

Oh ok. I will contact SEASONIC in the morning. The reason why I thought that I was to send it to newegg is because they have a RMA option. I did try the paper clip trick and nothing. It kills me to find this out after I spent hours trying to figure how to plug everything in. I started working at 6PM and its now 2:30AM. Someone kill me plz!

Yeah, often times companies will put like little sheets in the packaging saying RMA WITH THE MANUFACTURER!!!! Corsair does this with a lot of their products.

I should also mention that you can RMA with newegg. I mean it isn't going to do much harm. It is just better that you do it with seasonic so that you make sure it is taken off the market and not repackaged or sold as open box.

By the way, did you do the paper clip trick with the whole PSU out of the case and on a different outlet?

By the way, did you do the paper clip trick with the whole PSU out of the case and on a different outlet?

Yeah. I tried 2 outlets. One that I know worked because my TV was hooked up to it. I also used the PSU Connector that came with my water cooler. It works the same way the paper clip does. When I turned on the switch nothing would happen. Not even the fan on PSU would turn. The PSU has 2 settings. One for normal one the other for hybrid sound. I tired them both and neither worked.

That particular unit looks like it is covered under Newegg's Standard Return Policy;

Standard Return Policy

Return for refund within: 30 days

• Return for replacement within: 30 days
  • Restocking Fee: Yes

This is our Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 30 days only") must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

Accordingly, if you meet the criteria of that return policy I'd immediately request an RMA from Newegg and get the ball rolling before you run out of time.

Hook up a few fans to some molex connectors and use the paper clip trick. Turn on your PSU and the fans should start up. if not, probably DOA. Good thing seasonic customer support is nice :biggrin:

Just so you know the Seasonic X Series power supply cooling fan will not start up until approximately 20% DC load.