Sorry DD - you won't find many resellers or mfgs. that will pay for the shipping back to them unless you're willing to haggle and complain. However, in about 100% of the situations they will pay the return shipping on your replacement part.

If at all possible it's best to try with the reseller first if the product is still within their return period. The only time I go through the mfg. is if the return period with the reseller has already expired.

Oh and I forgot to mention the great support over at SeaSonic. This is what I wrote. Hi. I just bought your SS-1250XM Active PFC F3 from Newegg. I hooked it up to my computer and I it did not work. I then disconnected it from my computer and tried to turn it on. It still did not work. Finally I tried using a different power plug and still nothing. I would like to exchange it for a new one. Plus I gave them my S/N

This is the great msg I got back.

Hi Mark,

Are you in the USA?

Regards,

Walter

I then sent my address and I have yet to hear back from them. So I think I am going with newegg on the RMA. Unless SeaSonic offer to have it shipped to and from for free Same goes for newegg.

Yes. You could have accidentally emailed the Taipei office. That would at least explain such a weird response.

This is also why I always call to do RMAs here is the phone number :+1 626 969-9966

Call it and ask if they give you a free shipping label like asus does.

I literally have had no such experience with RMAs in my life the way you describe them as. That is why I am saying go to the manufacturer. If my experience is abnormal than sure go to newegg. :dunno:

You clearly haven't done all that many RMAs then. I've literally gone months without hardware doing manufacturer RMAs through DFI, GeIL, G.Skill, OCZ, Gigabyte, ADATA, Mushkin, Wintec, Logitech, etc. Newegg, on the other hand, is absolutely the first place to get in touch with when you get DOA parts. With a little prodding they will pay return shipping and ship you a new unit ASAP.

NEVER go through the manufacturer unless you really have to. OCZ seems to have gotten better, but only because they have so many issues with their SSDs...

DrDigitized - RMA it through Newegg - if you go through Seasonic I promise you it'll take longer and be more of a pain in the arse than Newegg will.

Edited by Waco

You clearly haven't done all that many RMAs then. I've literally gone months without hardware doing manufacturer RMAs through DFI, GeIL, G.Skill, OCZ, Gigabyte, ADATA, Mushkin, Wintec, Logitech, etc. Newegg, on the other hand, is absolutely the first place to get in touch with when you get DOA parts. With a little prodding they will pay return shipping and ship you a new unit ASAP.

NEVER go through the manufacturer unless you really have to. OCZ seems to have gotten better, but only because they have so many issues with their SSDs...

DrDigitized - RMA it through Newegg - if you go through Seasonic I promise you it'll take longer and be more of a pain in the arse than Newegg will.

I have done 33 RMAs not counting the ones I have done for customers. Not counting the ones through Asus, I have probably done about 19 (I buy a lot from asus :biggrin: ). I still have only had one experience like you guys describe and that is with antec.

All I do is I call up customer support. Tell them I want to speak with the head of their department. Set up an RMA and really dig it into their heads that the product is dead. I send my thing in, and soon enough I get something back.

Quite frankly, the only time in which I have seen something go terribly wrong in an RMA is whaen someone doesn't follow all the directions. Since I doubt anyone from OCC suffers from that, I guess I am just lucky? That would be really weird considering how unlucky I usually am :dunno:

I have done 33 RMAs not counting the ones I have done for customers. Not counting the ones through Asus, I have probably done about 19 (I buy a lot from asus :biggrin: ). I still have only had one experience like you guys describe and that is with antec.

Then you're either extremely lucky or extremely lying. :lol: However, if you've had to do 33 RMAs for personal builds, at your age, you're doing something wrong.

Regardless - telling someone to go through the manufacturer when buying NEW parts from Newegg...that's just the wrong way to do it and it's bad advice.

Then you're either extremely lucky or extremely lying. :lol: However, if you've had to do 33 RMAs for personal builds, at your age, you're doing something wrong.

Regardless - telling someone to go through the manufacturer when buying NEW parts from Newegg...that's just the wrong way to do it and it's bad advice.

No, not on my build alone. More like my build, my moms laptop, my sisters laptop, my friends PC parts, and the family PC.

The last 3 RMAs were totally my fault. I was rushing and I did the one thing everyone tells you not to do and I tried forcing parts together. Other than that, I really am that unlucky. Either that or our electrician who wired the house sucks something terrible.

I think my turn around time also has something to do with the way I handle RMAs. I always call and as soon as someone tries to put me off, I just ask for their manager. I just say look, I have warranty and you will honor it. Stop .*ing around and get me my RMA.

They are always quick to avoid confrontation so I get my stuff pretty quick. I am just not going to put up with corporate BS and they know that very well. They initiate the RMA on the phone, I send in my package, I give them the tracking number, they send me my replacement.

Cooler master has me on file if you catch my drift :P;)

And quite frankly it isn't wrong or bad advice at all. I have come home from Microcenter with brand new products that were DOA and I went through the manufacturer right then and there. I mean he is not dealing with antec or Rosewill, he would be going through seasonic. The customer support was very good to me and got me a quick turn around. So quite honestly, no. Just because in your world RMAs suck, dose not mean that it is the same for everyone. Quite frankly, if RMAs were that bad for you, I would stop buying from whoever you are buying from and start buying Asus, corsair, intel (only because they now have a 30 dollar extended warranty that covers overclocking :woot: . I am not starting any flame wars ). Asus provide free 2 way shipping, corsair is a close second in customer support, and intel is well.....intel. There are nor Asus CPUs unfortunately.

I mean the way I read it, Newegg can take up to 30 days for a turn around. I am sure there are people who only go through the manufacturer because of a bad RMA expierience with newegg. So basically the OP can take my advice or your advice. Neither one is going to be right or wrong, as much as it will just be a different experience. Seasonic got me a PSU back to me in about 7 business days. You claim they will take a lot longer, but it really all depends. I personally would rather have something replaced with something fresh off the product line and risk having it being replaced with potentially another DOA product due to a bad batch shipment to Newegg. Thats just me though.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Cooler master has me on file if you catch my drift :P;)

I've dealt with them before too - it still took quite a while for them to get everything sorted out.

Still - 33 RMAs from a single household on personal machines in the past few years suggests you're either doing something wrong or your power is absolutely terrible.

I have done 33 RMAs not counting the ones I have done for customers.

33 RMAs mean most of them are your fault. :P

Edited by d6bmg

I've dealt with them before too - it still took quite a while for them to get everything sorted out.

Still - 33 RMAs from a single household on personal machines in the past few years suggests you're either doing something wrong or your power is absolutely terrible.

Let me put it to you this way. Our upstairs lights (hall lights) have 5 switches to them. You heard me. Oh and to get the lights to come on at all, there is a sequence in which the switches have to be on in order for the lights to come on. There are two ways you can turn them one depending on where you are in the house. One way is stable. The other way however is unstable. Yes, we have unstable lights. If you walk around too hard, the lights will turn off by themselves. At least I assume it is because we are walking around too hard. Sometimes I can walk lightly and they will turn off. My room, my sisters room, and my moms room are ALL on the same circuit, so it trips ALL the time. Literally, I will have my light on, my mom will come home and turn on the tv, and my light will dim a bit. My sister will come home and turn on her tv and my lights will dim even more. They both turn on their heaters, and I turn on my PC, and bye bye goes the circuit breaker.

Now I am running my PC with a surge protector. It is a fairly reliable one, so there should be too much of an issue there. However, with power issues like that, I am sort of surprised I haven't had 40 RMAs. Flash drives are the biggest issue though. My corsair 32 gb flash drive has gone in probably 15 times alone. That is not uncommon for me here. I feel like sometimes my freidn sneaks into my house at night and screw with my parts for fun. That is about all I have to explain it.

the i've only ever had to RMA a few hard drives and a motherboard to newegg. Either they throw stuff at your door (which UPS has done to me) or it's user error.

best of luck, seasonic makes amazing PSU. also the fan does not spin up before like 20% or something. made me thought something was wrong until i did some reading.

Thanks for all the help guys. I shipped it to newegg today. It was easy accept for the fact that instead of shipping it threw UPS(nearest one is 60 Miles away) I shipped it USPS parcel post. They cost the same but I did not want to drive 60 miles on top of spending 15 bucks to return it. I am calling newegg tomorrow and asking for some kind of compinsation. When you spend 2+k in one day you expect to be treated with respect.