AMD HD 7xxx or nVidia GTX 7xx

NikoDG

Lol, as far as the numbering scheme and relying on general populous stupidity, AMD's got Nvidia beat.

Let's see, hmm... it looks like an AMD 7970 will beat a GTX 780. It's like, 7190 points behind, meaning it's probably a generation behind. I guess I'll get that.

:pfp:

Let's see, hmm... it looks like an AMD 7970 will beat a GTX 780. It's like, 7190 points behind, meaning it's probably a generation behind. I guess I'll get that.

I'm pretty sure it's just the psychological response that higher numbers are better. I bet $10 that's the reason they changed from the perfectly logical "X2" nomenclature for dual GPU cards to this idiotic "something followed by a 90, but make sure it's the right one, and not just a low end card with a high reference overclock" crap.

A few? Try over a three hundred titles at last count. :P But as you said its not as noticeable on some games.

I think saying over 300 is a little misleading, as that basically includes any game that uses the PhysX platform for physics.

So that includes any titles that only use the software implementation (i.e. doesn't matter if you have an Nvidia GPU or not), and also Xbox 360 and PS3 titles that use the engine too.

There are some games that implement the GPU accelerated version pretty well, but the number still isn't huge.

Still looking forward to seeing it make more of a difference in more games.

Edited by jammin

If I was in charge of marketing for nVidia, I would tell them to just man up and rename their cards to:

- The Legit Card (instead of GTX 760)

- The Awesome Card (instead of GTX 770)

- The K!CK A$$ Card (instead of GTX 780)

- The Best Card (GTX 790)

Then you just version the cards after that. Oh and don't forget to copywrite it so AMD can't change the name in creative ways - like AMD K!CK's nVidia's A$$ Card. That wouldn't be cool at all.

• Like 1

<br>I think saying over 300 is a little misleading, as that basically includes any game that uses the PhysX platform for physics.<br>So that includes any titles that only use the software implementation (i.e. doesn't matter if you have an Nvidia GPU or not), and also Xbox 360 and PS3 titles that use the engine too.<br><br>There are some games that implement the GPU accelerated version pretty well, but the number still isn't huge.<br>Still looking forward to seeing it make more of a difference in more games.<br>
<br><br>Shhhh he's Bosco :O