Kitting myself out with Koolance. First timer

ghostcorps

StonerBoy: PCCG is about $10-20 per piece dearer than hellfire PC on ebay, the store I linked to earlier. But with postage it does come out on top. :) I'm not sure how I came about with the price being significantly higher, but thanks for pushing me to recheck!

The other issue is that much of what I want is out of stock, eg, the HD7970 plate or the MCP655 :(

Once I have a new list of things to buy I'll work it out again.

Niko: I appreciate you taking the time to nut this out with me. I'll post again tomorrow with answers to your questions, I need to research some of what you have asked.

Edited by ghostcorps

Listen to mucho too.

You ha it stuck on us prices but even then I didn't see your $10-15

D5 is in stock the variable isnt but turns up again soon enough same with plate just put an order through to guaranty you will get it.

Do check out muchos suggestion in aquatuning au.

Check sidewindercomputers.com and see if there more reasonable.

The pricing looks better lots of good things on sale too. Shipping sucks but this time looks like the prices may outway shipping.

Thanks from me at least.

Thanks for all the store suggestions guys! I don't think I will have a problem sourcing exactly what I want :D

Well 48dB is an insane amount of noise, if you get that pump I guarantee you'll hate it :lol:

The MCP655 has almost double the flow rate 1200L/h, and at a much lower noise level (around 26dB).

It is an HTPC, so it is quite far away, currently it is 64db inside the case, which is barely audible from the couch. However, after some research the MCP655 is undoubtedly the way to go. Thanks :)

I could set up a mock cooling loop for you once I get home if you like, I just need you to answer a couple questions so I know how to set it up.

How much space do you have for radiators if you sell off your H100? Maybe a 240mm and a 360mm? How would you like to fill your loop, a T-line or a reservoir? If a reservoir do you want an interior mounted reservoir or a drive bay reservoir? If a 5.25" drive bay reservoir, would you like one with pump integration? Also, how many 5.25" bays do you have free (not including the one you lose to your radiator)? How loud do you want your set-up (keep in mind a stock case fan at 100% is usually 17-19dB)?

If you can answer those questions for me I can probably come up with a pretty decent set-up for you.

This CASE has a mount at the top for upto 360mm or 240mm if I want to retain one of my two drive bays, which I do (DVD Burner) so we will say 240mmx140mm. I came up with the idea of having two single fan radiators so I can make a loop as follows: pump>res>rad1>VRM>CPU>rad2>GPU>pump What do you think? Is it worth complicating the issue like this? My theory is that once the VRM and CPU have cooked the water it will be warm by the time it gets to the GPU. This way I can give it a cooling boost before it gets there. The only contention I can think of is that using a bigger rad will get the water cooler to start with, but will it be cooler at the GPU that with the 2xRad setup?

The 2nd, and only remaining, drive bay will house the cooling control unit, could you give me a few suggestions on which control units are worth considering? Range from cheap and reliable analogue dials to over the top programmable :) If it has a reservoir included, so much the better. :)

I like the reservoir over a T-line as it seems to be less maintenance. The res would be mounted internally, are there any reservoirs that fit into vacant HDD bays? I have 4 empty 2.5" bays that would be ideal for a reservoir but I can not find anything to suit. Pump integration would be nice but the MCP655 is not submersible so I will just mount that somewhere.

The quieter the better :) That said I have all the fans I will need already, 4xCorsair 140mm, they are quiet enough for my purposes.

So currently the setup looks like this:

Loop: pump>res>rad1>VRM>CPU>rad2>GPU>pump

Pump: MCP655

Radiator: 2X Swiftech MCR120-QP Radiator + (4xCorsair 140mm push/pull)

CPU: Koolance MB-ASSTX79 Full Coverage Waterblock for the ASUS Sabertooth X79

GPU: Koolance VID-AR797 Full Coverage Water Block the ATi Radeon HD 7970

Reservoir : Unknown

Cooling Control Unit: Unknown

How am I looking?

Edited by ghostcorps

Get gentle typhoons for the fans. Do not complicate the loop just do it in a way that works easiest and just keeps it small and simple.

You can buy res tops for the d5 pump which are pretty cheap and will help reduce on clutter in the case.

What sort of control do you want over the loop? Just fan?

Also with your htpc just curious what scale did you use and was that high or low when you took that measurement? Also distance from case?