Kitting myself out with Koolance. First timer

ghostcorps

Niko: the H100 is a double Radiator. The only thing that is heating up at the moment is the VRM which only has the stock heatsink on it. The CPU barely gets to 60.

I have added the CPU-370 to my list, thanks for picking that up. More proof I am newb lol

Thanks for the tip RE hose, I had not considered the ID. Those fittings are compression fittings

Stoner: The 360+120 will be a bit of a stress to get it in. But it can be done I guess... I had hoped that squeezing the 360 in would be enough.

I have to go but I will take these suggestions onboard and retool the plan again!

I know you guys are probably getting frustrated with me, but I am so glad I asked first!!

Edited by ghostcorps

For some reason I thought the H100 was a triple, heh. You might be okay with a 360 as long as you don't OC your GPU. If you do you'll need that extra 120.

Both of those tubes are 1/2" ID, that's not the issue. The problem is the OD; one is 3/4", the other 5/8". That means one has a wall thickness of 1/4" while the other is 1/8", the 3/4" OD's wall is twice as thick, making it twice as stiff, and twice as hard to route (more or less).

PS: I know they're compression fittings, I just meant that I think you should get 1/2" ID 5/8" OD tubing, and 1/2" ID 5/8" OD compression fittings, since the tubing and fittings you have now are 1/2" ID 3/4" OD.

the thicker wall tubing means its slightly more stiff but it also kinks much less, which is a big issue.

i recommend primochill primoflex pro LRT tubing, its very flexible even with the thicker wall and it is very difficult to kink it, cause it can bend very far without issues

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_853&products_id=19306

thats the pccg link for the black, there is also clear, red, blue, green and white.

imo get the 1/4" wall stuff, not the thinner, causes alot of issues

the thicker wall tubing means its slightly more stiff but it also kinks much less, which is a big issue.

i recommend primochill primoflex pro LRT tubing, its very flexible even with the thicker wall and it is very difficult to kink it, cause it can bend very far without issues

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_853&products_id=19306

thats the pccg link for the black, there is also clear, red, blue, green and white.

imo get the 1/4" wall stuff, not the thinner, causes alot of issues

Seconded

So much fuss and it took me 5 seconds once I got home to actually look at the box and realise it won't fit a 360 one way or the other! :( grrrr

I may get a shroud after all, if I can find one that is wide enough.

Back to the drawing board... again.

I'm going to take some time and make sure the next iteration of the plan is holeproof before I put it to you guys. :)

This routing of the hose business may play an important part, but I don't know yet. The image I posted earlier of the routing plan will need to be redone from scratch once I have decided on where to put everything. The idea was to have as little bending as possible as you can see, but with an extra radiator (or two) this will not be so easy.

In my opinion there won't be enough strain on the tubing to cause it to kink, I mean he has tons of angled fittings, the hardest bend he'll probably need to do is a 45 degree turn. It will be a lot easier for him to get the tubing to conform to the shape he needs with the thinner walls, I'm not saying he couldn't do it with the thicker tubing though, just trying to make life a little easier.

It is possible for you to fit two 240mm radiators, right?

In my opinion there won't be enough strain on the tubing to cause it to kink, I mean he has tons of angled fittings, the hardest bend he'll probably need to do is a 45 degree turn. It will be a lot easier for him to get the tubing to conform to the shape he needs with the thinner walls, I'm not saying he couldn't do it with the thicker tubing though, just trying to make life a little easier.

It is possible for you to fit two 240mm radiators, right?

To put it simply Primochill tubing is the sh¡t it is a leader when it comes to tubing for a reason.

Also due to a lack of variety with all sorts of components it is easier to lump a few meters of Primochill in with the pccg part of the order.

Ghost have a look at the koolance 3x120mm fan shroud I have one on top of my CM 430 elite to give me more airflow.

2x240mm rads can and will work but you need to get creative with pump and rad mounting. A 240 + 120 will be easier.

Well, I was thinking of a pump/reservoir combo he could use that shouldn't take up too much space if he went the 2x 240mm route. He'd have to downgrade from the MCP655, but the pump I have in mind is still very adequate.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11740/ex-pmp-109/Swiftech_MCP35X_12v_PWM_Controlled_Water_Pump_-_Black.html?tl=g30c107s153

A nice low-profile but powerful pump that he can put basically anywhere in his case thanks to the convenient mounting pad.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12104/ex-res-245/Swiftech_MCP35X_Optional_Tank_Reservoir_Attachment_-_Rev_2b_MCP35X-RES.html?tl=g30c97s165

A reservoir attachment for that pump, the first version had some issues with leaks, but this revision fixed that.

Niko: If I were just installing one radiator at the top it would be simple, but with any more radiators I may need hose with with a bit more tolerance to bending.

Stoner: I recall you posting the Koolance shroud earlier I just found the hole stencil and confirmed it would not be too much hassle to drop it in. It wont be pretty, but it will do the trick.

I have to pay attention to my gf now, she has been ignored for the last two days cos of this thread lol

When I get back I'll have a scaled model to play with and a complete plan, most likely including a shrouded 360 and a 120 tucked away somewhere. Wish me luck!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Hi All,

I have been playing in sketchup and built this scale model, it has been very useful and is accurate to a few millimeters using a ruler and detailed diagrams of each component I dug up on the net.

Once I finalise the routing I'll draw up the fittings and hoses and post it for your consideration :) I just thought I'd drop the sketchup file in case anyone wanted to have a look.