OCC HWBOT OC Competitions

scr4wl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taco, the fastest time isn't really a fair comp, esp when these 6 core 2nd gen i7's start posting :whistling:

What about a stock submission and then an OC submission and the biggest % of difference wins ( stock time / OC time = % increase in performance) OR maybe just an OC submission and whoever is closest to the #1 HWBOT for their CPU (#1's time - your time = difference in time )

idk....just ideas to make it a more fair OC contest, instead of a "who spent the most money on a CPU contest" ;) Cause those lucky SOBs can afford their own games :rofl:

Taco, the fastest time isn't really a fair comp, esp when these 6 core 2nd gen i7's start posting :whistling:

This is a single core benchmark, so as long as you're not using a Core 2 chip it's fairly even. There was about a minute difference between my 920 at 4.6 Ghz and my 2600K at 5.1Ghz. (... Ok it was a bit more than that :P)

I know it's not fair for some of the people on this site, that's why I put a random drawing for participants prize as well. This contest is really just for fun, and to get more submissions for the OCC HWBot team.

I thought about using the HWbot ranks, but their ranking system varies depending on the popularity of the chip. Even if we went with who's closest to number 1 it wouldn't really work. Some chips are just way more popular then others, so people with, say a 2600K, would be competing against way more than someone with a Xeon chip.

For the next competition I'll try and find something more balanced. :)

Also, any suggestions for the next one would be awesome!

@roadrunner, selling the cascade?

Naw not yet... May need it latter on if I win the lottery to keep up with the ever changing hardware lol. Just got tired of messing with overclocking, put the 980x in my main rig and for what I do should last me 10 years or more lol. Crammed all the stuff off the table in boxes and put up stairs tables in the shed... Try something different for awhile... Might have to get an xbox or play station so I can sit on the couch and cram food down my gullet and play games and get obese and watch oprey... :popcorn:

Might have to get an xbox or play station so I can sit on the couch and cram food down my gullet and play games and get obese and watch oprey... :popcorn:

Don't turn to the dark side :P

Don't complain guys free is free and tacho didn't need to do this.

Random drawing for entrants is good and all those people who spent hundreds and hundreds on top line chips and coolong need something to make them feel better about the money :lol:

So pissed no one has attempted to port super pi for use with phones :glare:

Wanted to see if I could run/melt my old pos phone either result would have been funny/awesome.

HWBot wont let me enter my score (it wont allow my X3220 as a valid CPU), should I just punch it in as a Q6600?

When you started typing in the chip name did anything appear on the drop down list? If yes, you need to let it autocomplete.

When you started typing in the chip name did anything appear on the drop down list? If yes, you need to let it autocomplete.

Nope.

And actually my previous SuperPi score with this chip was incorrectly entered, it says Xeon X3320 but my other 4 benchmarks say X3220.

*SHRUG*