Water Cooling Dyes

NikoDG

quick boinker or bishop! delete this thread before waco sees it, its the more humane thing to do!

:lol:

but to answer the ops question, it can stain tubing, clear res's and plexi top waterblocks, and ive seen some where the dye blobs up and clogs the waterblocks, im going to be running distilled with coloured tubing, thats what i recommend

I would also like to add that it is the quality of the dye too. I have noticed that if you buy the cheap dye from microcenter, you will see a big difference compared to something like Mayhem dyes. The green or red dye from Microcenter stained my customers tubing and actually clogged up the radiator. With something like mayhems dye (or pretty much any custom shop that does their own dye, in fact there a few right out of S.CA) you see a much thinner liquid. I have never seen it discolor tubing or clog anything up. In fact I noticed a temperature drop with better dye (I buy premix rather than the actual dye bombs) than microcenter's water dye. Over a course of 6 tests where I take the temp of one liquid 3 times to make sure the test isn't messed up by my paranoid application of TIM, then drain the system, then run some RO water with no dye to wash out the loop, drain that and do the same with the next dye. On average, I saw a 2 degree difference delta with the coolants. I just wish I could remember the brand name of the Microcenter coolant :lol:

Mayhem dyes look good but I wouldn't use them in any impingement blocks. Actually - that goes for any dye really - high restriction blocks will beat up the dye and gum up the block.

I still need to pull me psu so I can test the theory of coolant in system. I have a gtalon of mixed coolant from Mercedes that I would like to try out and make some test data versus just water and water and dye.... but the other materials require money.