2012: Post your ride!

Stonerboy779

No, it doesn't, mines just unreadable no matter how I write. Anywho, that gear shifter is on the verge of ridiculous, if you miss that many gears with the regular shifter maybe you need some driving training. The only ride I ever missed gears in was my 1982 Civic in Australia where the synchronization was a little broken...

[Edit] xPETEx, which year is that Beamer? How many horses does it have? If you have the N52B30 3.0 liter straight-6 in it (218HP, but they all have 218), it can be flashed to become a full 330i at around 270HP, as the engines are absolutely identical!

Edited by kingdingeling

No, it doesn't, mines just unreadable no matter how I write. Anywho, that gear shifter is on the verge of ridiculous, if you miss that many gears with the regular shifter maybe you need some driving training. The only ride I ever missed gears in was my 1982 Civic in Australia where the synchronization was a little broken...

[Edit] xPETEx, which year is that Beamer? How many horses does it have? If you have the N52B30 3.0 liter straight-6 in it (218HP, but they all have 218), it can be flashed to become a full 330i at around 270HP, as the engines are absolutely identical!

The stock shifter isn't very good. I didn't miss gears very often, but it happened a lot more than with the short throw shifter. The stock one feels kind of sloppy, and mine had a bit of play when it was in gear. Ask anyone with a 99-04 Mustang and they'll tell you all about it.

That's the most retarded analogy I've ever heard.

How so?

The shifter knob is blingy, requires specific hand placement (which is difficult when quickly shifting from the wheel to the shifter and back), and is hella tall. It should serve no real function except as a chunk of metal to grab when shifting.

...just like paint on your hood really is just there to keep it from rusting and to look somewhat nice. A pink bunny painted on the hood is about as useful as that shift knob...it works, but nobody in their right mind would want it. :teehee:

Just giving you a hard time for the hell of it really...

Buddy of mine did this to his GTI. :lol:

215002_217637508251364_100000153501538_1029852_7832351_n.jpg

I'll post a picture of my shifter and knob, its really not that tall and the hand position is great. MGW shifters are super adjustable. Mine fits me better than the stock one.

Well I suppose I should say it now.... I wont be sticking to what I said when I made this thread haha

P.S. started this as part of a new years resaloution to try not to fail to buy a new car 3 years running. It has been too easy always having dads car when I want/need it.

I now do have Dad's car as he got a new one when he couldn't wait for repairs to be finished on his old one haha

Soooo I have his old pos with a semi new trans, new spark plugs and leads, new battery, new alternator, new fuel pump, new serpentine belt, new rad and pump, new break pads, new hoses and soon to have new starter moter because the old one has gotten sticky beyond repair. Also will need a tire change soon enough and its other problems are cosmetic and not worth worrying about.

here it is haha

7628006596_f0f51ca26c_z.jpg

and my dads, also that is my mates surf ski not mine haha

7549071354_8c01c563a0_z.jpg

And this is what I am saving for and wont be getting for a while.

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details?R=575971&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=1&eapi=2

Plastidip the thing white with details plastidipped black all the interior silver crap will be vinyl dyed white.