Has anyone tried this?

aaron6581230

Alright so I'm looking to install my H50 (push/pull) into my HAF 912. Upon reading numerous forum posts, it seems that I can't install it up top due to clearance issues with the memory slots and and back fan. I can't install it at the back either, as the rear fan actually interferes with one of the top fans.

So the only option left...is to try installing it onto the spot on the side panel. There SHOULD be enough clearance in regards to the graphics card. I'm just wondering, has another tried this on their side panel before? Would it be secure enough? (The radiator w/ 2 fans is somewhat heavy)

I agree with Stoner, mounting it on the side door will be a PITA! I would not do it. If you have space issues with the back fan, what about removing the fan and mounting it outside the case. So you would have your push fan and the H50 rad inside the case, with the pull fan mounted on the outside.

I agree with Stoner, mounting it on the side door will be a PITA! I would not do it. If you have space issues with the back fan, what about removing the fan and mounting it outside the case. So you would have your push fan and the H50 rad inside the case, with the pull fan mounted on the outside.

What's wrong with mounting it on the side? That way, I can actually use it as an intake.

What's wrong with mounting it on the side? That way, I can actually use it as an intake.

The weight would bend the panel and possibly cause it to pop and fall with very disastrous consequences.

Adding or removing things will be very hard as the tubes arent super long just remove a fan and mount it on the outside with a fan and the rad inside.

i put my h70 in a few spare drive bays at the front of my 600t, which worked well for temps etc, for both the cpu and mobo, cause now it blows straight onto the mobo and ram. but side panel is a bad idea. opening side panels with fans on them is bad enough, let alone a wc unit =/

I would go with external water cooling before I put a radiator on the side panel. Aside from the fact that it could bend the panel, but as most people have already said, it would be a total nightmare to open your case up.

What you could do in your situation is to put on of your fans on top of the case as an intake and just have a grill over it with the rad and a fan underneath. You could also put two fans on top and get a cool fan shroud to make it look clean and mean :evilgrin: . The point is, if you have ran out of room in your case, start slapping stuff on the outside of it and you should be good to go.

You absolutely can mount it on the side panel, you just have to do a bit of engineering to make it fit.

If you're adamant that you want it on the side panel just make brackets that mount it to the case (from the inside) and then cut out the side panel to fit over the radiator.

There you have it, no weight on the side panel and it now opens.

Don't be so closed minded people, where there is a will there is a way.

Of course I'm not implying that the side of the case is the best location for a radiator but it most certainly can be done.

Saying you can mount the H50 on the side of the case is like saying you can cross Ebola with the common cold. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I still say that it would be better if he spent a little time engineering the top of the case, that it would be a MUCH better idea then putting it on the side.

We weren't being close minded, we were being practical. :cheers: