P10000 3D MARK11, OCed Budget X-79 $1500 build

4th3truth

RAMDisk - RAM dedicated as a volatile storage partition through software. RAM writes at thousands of MB/s, not hundreds...

replace that TX850 BTW. It's an old CWT PSH 750 (TT Toughpower) unit. Shoot for a Silencer 760/910 (SeaSonic built) or a PowerBird 900.

TX850 (old one)

CORSAIR-12.jpg

PC P&C Silencer 910

910inta418.jpg

Thanks alot for this info, the 910 configuration looks like air can move alot better then the old TX850. I am probably going to end up changing the build from your input on the PSU researching I found that the 7970 pulls over 600W OCed! The 7950 shouldn't pull much less.

My link

And then here is a 3820 @ 4.75 pulls 251Ws 3820 review

So it looks as if I need a 900w PSU for a OCed setup as 251+(less than 607)= Under 858Ws at full load OCed. I would imagine I will never reach those clocks and wattage's so 800w +150w Buffer for mobo ram and disk.

, 800w/910 =87% so would be under efficiency zone of 88% so the rest would be RAM and other stuff 1000w PEAK. Will have to get new PSU to get a crossfire in the future but why do that when the Xbox720 is going to only have 480 SPs in the 6670 and 480 SPs in Trinity APU, 960 VLIW4 Raedeon cores. My 5750 has 720 VLIW4, LOL. 960x2 1920 SPs. GCN (graphics core next) cores are in the 7900 series, the last time a big change came was back in 2900-3900 series and it doubled performance going to VLIW4 then 5 now to GCN.

So I am going to change my PSU to the 910w OCZ brand you mentioned, $ more not biggie.

910W Continuous @ 40C (1000W Peak)

NVIDIA SLI Certified (Multiple GPUs) /Rock-Solid, Super-Clean DC Output

80+ Silver Certified (88% Efficiency); .99 Active PF /Quad PCI-E and complete array of connectors

Up to 90% (10dB) Less Noise per Watt/ Automatic Fan Speed Control Circuit

5-Year Warranty and Tech Support

This means that the 7950's 1792 cores OCed will be basically 2x faster then the Xbox720 rendering a full 1080P next gen games with at least 30FPS to each eye thus x-firing another 7950 with almost 100% scaling would allow 120 FPS at the same graphics settings of console ports for the next 8 years or more. But there is another reason as well that the 7900 series has DX11.1 which modify 3D performance after Win8 upgrade. But every generation of cards bring higher memory bandwidth, and XDR2 may make a appearance in the 8990 after Kepler Nvidia comes out with 512-bit bus?

THE WATTAGE'S MENTIONED ABOVE ARE INCORRECT, 760w VERSION IS JUST ENOUGH FOR OC i7-3820 and HD7950!

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-7950-overclock-guide/3

Heat-sink will not reach the heat dissipation required to OC it to 250w's., At max a 7950 at 1150Mhz core 1.25V use 381W at max load. 631Ws between the CPU and GPU with some to spare of the 760W. Crossfire would not be possible with the over-volt to 1.25 with the 910w because it would exceed the 1000w max of the PSU. A

Edited by 4th3truth

You are talking very much about the next xbox console, and specifically the GPU. According to "all" rumors from the web it will be using a modified 6670 GPU which is about as powerful as a 4870. Regarding cpu choice i think they will choose a quadcore sandy bridge equivalent, together with 2-4GB ram.

Xbox 360 has roughly a 3-core pentium 4, 512MB ram and a modified Ati X1800 gpu.

Given that the current xbox can handle games on par with the highest end dx10 cards (HD4xxx/GTX2xx-series) and a C2Q/PhII/i7 (first gen i7) (because of all the optimisations for the console) i would estimate that the next xbox should land (performance wise) around a radeon HD9xxx series gpu with a intel next generation high end cpu.

So however you buy now will not have an effect on playability of later console ports. Think of it this way; do you make any distinction between a 2.8GHz P4 or a 3.4GHz P4 EE HT? Probably not, since they are both really out dated and could not really compete even with the mid end of the next architecture... Right now you are, analogy wise, aiming for a P4 HT, when in a year that HT moniker will not make a difference.

Read what capi just said...

My list would be this though:

First: (they can survive multiple computers)

case, psu, screen(s), HDD, perhepials

Second: (they essentially are a computer)

MoBo

Third: (easy upgrades if you have the correct mobo)

CPU, RAM, SSD

Last: (the easiest thing to change to make a real gaming difference)

GPU

I'm not at all saying that buying into SB-E is a bad choice, but you don't know if anything after IB-E will fit into that socket, and if it will it might need a new chipset to function propely (i.e new mobo). And what it looks like IB will not really matter in CPU performance oriented tasks...

Everyone really should have bought a SB this last summer, then we'd had IB to upgrade to, and possibly more to come (probably not though)

You are talking very much about the next xbox console, and specifically the GPU. According to "all" rumors from the web it will be using a modified 6670 GPU which is about as powerful as a 4870. Regarding cpu choice i think they will choose a quadcore sandy bridge equivalent, together with 2-4GB ram.

Xbox 360 has roughly a 3-core pentium 4, 512MB ram and a modified Ati X1800 gpu.

Given that the current xbox can handle games on par with the highest end dx10 cards (HD4xxx/GTX2xx-series) and a C2Q/PhII/i7 (first gen i7) (because of all the optimisations for the console) i would estimate that the next xbox should land (performance wise) around a radeon HD9xxx series gpu with a intel next generation high end cpu.

So however you buy now will not have an effect on playability of later console ports. Think of it this way; do you make any distinction between a 2.8GHz P4 or a 3.4GHz P4 EE HT? Probably not, since they are both really out dated and could not really compete even with the mid end of the next architecture... Right now you are, analogy wise, aiming for a P4 HT, when in a year that HT moniker will not make a difference.

Read what capi just said...

The only reason why X-box 360 is able to keep up with HD4000 series is due to DX10.1 tessellation units that the PS3 didnt have and the PC didn't have either for about 6 months after the console was launched. They lost $300 per console and Sony lost $400 per console when they launched because of the future tech they incorporated. DX11 in the 6670 is going to be the standard it seems as well as VLIW4. Microsoft will rely more on the Kinect 2 for innovation to steal Nintendos thunder. Nintendo won the console war, low cost bad economy turn down in 2007 a few years into the last generation. I think they are going to aim for low cost.

My list would be this though:

First: (they can survive multiple computers)

case, psu, screen(s), HDD, perhepials

Second: (they essentially are a computer)

MoBo

Third: (easy upgrades if you have the correct mobo)

CPU, RAM, SSD

Last: (the easiest thing to change to make a real gaming difference)

GPU

I'm not at all saying that buying into SB-E is a bad choice, but you don't know if anything after IB-E will fit into that socket, and if it will it might need a new chipset to function propely (i.e new mobo). And what it looks like IB will not really matter in CPU performance oriented tasks...

Everyone really should have bought a SB this last summer, then we'd had IB to upgrade to, and possibly more to come (probably not though)

Now that I think about it going with 2x 6950s with unlocked shaders is like a 6970, So almost a 6990s performance for 300-400 bucks. Beating both 7950 and 7970 but those can do MSAA alot better as well as tessellation, but if the next gen games are not going to be using GCN architecture and going with VLIW4.

GCN offers more GPGPU computing for physics and shadows but the 3820 OC will compensate. Then again battlefield has used over 2GB in Vram as well as the 384bit bandwidth is a plus. Dx11.1 is just more GPGPU performance increase. Though by the time you had to upgrade to new cards XDR2 will offer double bandwidth and improve performance substantially before xfiring a 7950 with another 7xxx series.

This will be a debate that will be bothering me a while. Any thoughts about 2x6950s used and unlocked to 6970s off ebay or a brand new 7950?

Now that I think about it going with 2x 6950s with unlocked shaders is like a 6970, So almost a 6990s performance for 300-400 bucks. Beating both 7950 and 7970 but those can do MSAA alot better as well as tessellation, but if the next gen games are not going to be using GCN architecture and going with VLIW4.

GCN offers more GPGPU computing for physics and shadows but the 3820 OC will compensate. Then again battlefield has used over 2GB in Vram as well as the 384bit bandwidth is a plus. Dx11.1 is just more GPGPU performance increase. Though by the time you had to upgrade to new cards XDR2 will offer double bandwidth and improve performance substantially before xfiring a 7950 with another 7xxx series.

This will be a debate that will be bothering me a while. Any thoughts about 2x6950s used and unlocked to 6970s off ebay or a brand new 7950?

Hold out to Kepler. http://videocardz.com/30238/nvidia-geforce-gk-104-specification-leaked

They say the card will be released in Q1 of this year, so basically it is right around the corner. Right there though you see a performance that is competing with the radeon 7970 and a price that rivals the 7950. I am thinking Kepler is the way to go.

Hold out to Kepler. http://videocardz.com/30238/nvidia-geforce-gk-104-specification-leaked

They say the card will be released in Q1 of this year, so basically it is right around the corner. Right there though you see a performance that is competing with the radeon 7970 and a price that rivals the 7950. I am thinking Kepler is the way to go.

Wow thanks this is interesting because I know Nvidia tessellation is a ton better then AMD's. Not just that though, Vision2 3D has more stable drivers as well.

But "1536 MB of GDDR5" is not the 1.7GB+ VRAM usage with MSAAx4 and higher. Hope there is 3GB version or maybe that will be

This allows this card to be run as physix when a newer card with higher memory bandwidth could be used down the line. Looks like they are saying rumors that the gk-104 will be a $399 7970 killer... I might just have to wait a bit more and see what is about to happen with Kepler.

BenQ XL2420T" @ $435 would be $100 more or less then Samsung that has instant 3D up-convert, but no rechargeable glasses. Both monitors are probably the current 23-24in 3D champions that make AMD and Nvidia output shine.

I might use my 5750 on the BenQ XL2420T not in 3D until I can get my hands on a GK-104 or better but lets seen real benchmarks IMO. Till then ...

$180 Surround headset? Please no. Headphones are stereo only :down:

5 physical speakers in each ear sounds like virtual surround would be at a disadvantage. But I understand sounds-cape and sound quality from 2 good speakers can allow for hearing more distant movements. $135 for Shure SRH840 are not that bad of a choice right?

When I am looking down a scope I want to hear the rear speakers play the sound of the guy sneaking behind me in close proximity. The speakers playing different audio also reduces mixing of the frequencies from different angles.

Example would be three hostiles moving in your 10, 4, and 7 o'clock but they are still at a distance of over 100 meters. All three are actively firing their weapons, you notice the sounds of each individual gun shot repetition and can determine the hostiles class maybe even weapon attachments. There are other scenarios but that was the one I thought of first.

BTW VERY INTERESTING BREAKDOWN.

7950 XFX Black Edition

Bang for buck the 6950s that are used and unlocked to 6970s for $200 ea, This would be awesome if micro-stuttering in alot of AAA games happens and Vsync and Fps limiter must be set to 59.95fps.