A few pics of my other hobbie

dling

Yeah I really wanted to do it, I had all the salt, coral, pumps, tank, stand, etc brand new. I paid about $250 for the whole setup at a company that was going out of business. I was still living at home and didn't want to move it and stuff, so I ended up just selling the stuff. I was going to put live rock in it, two clowns, and a few other fish that I forget now...

I might try again someday, when I have a bigger place..

I hope you do,its a great hobby. $$$$$ :)

Yeah, I had mainly softies (mushrooms, polyps and xenia) but just recently picked up some SPS frags...lol it never ends :)

Good luck with the sps. Thats what I'm into now, trying to get them to grow and show some good polyp extension.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the sps. Thats what I'm into now, trying to get them to grow and show some good polyp extension.

I haven't done any dosing to this point, but I have a feeling with the SPS I will have to start a schedule. It was hard to pass up 4 frags of SPS for $15 though, and give it a try. :thumbsup:

I haven't done any dosing to this point, but I have a feeling with the SPS I will have to start a schedule. It was hard to pass up 4 frags of SPS for $15 though, and give it a try. :thumbsup:

WOW :blink: Thats an awesome deal. I love the sps look. Just a bit hard to care for . I dose B-Ionic part 1&2 plus Magnesium every other day . I going to do a test for cal,alk and mag every day this week to see how much of each

is being used so I can get a better idea of how much to dose to maintain a stable environment .

A bit late in posting. But it is very cool dude! :cheers:

Never to late for something good :thumbsup:

Thanks ;)

This is the coral I'm speeking of. I did this last weekend and plan on doing it again two more times. One of the pics

is just after the cutting, the others are from today.

A smaller aquarium might work for my sister :)

Yeah, I love the addition of coral. They make everything in there seem more natural.

A smaller aquarium might work for my sister :)

Yeah, I love the addition of coral. They make everything in there seem more natural.

I would start with a 10 to 15 gal with fish only first. Corals require special needs and it can get expensive.

Take your sister to a local fish and show her some of the saltwater fish you could have in either of those little

tanks.That will help to win her over. I recommend you to find a forum like you did here to get the Q and A's on what you decide. ;)

I like the http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/ lots of small tank info and great folks.

Edited by dling