7970 info leak

Muchoman1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to clarify the cards will not be available on Dec 22nd. They are supposed to be available Jan 9th or Jan 10th.

Dec 22nd is just a paper launch as we call it, so don't get to excited :lol:

I need these cards so I can play Morrowind maxed :-/ ATM my sli 560s with 1000/2000/2400 just aren't cutting it with the mods.

Although every other un modded game runs a perfect 60fps solidly with v-sync on.

Morrowind's engine is just broken...it'd be best to just give up. :lol:

Morrowind's engine is just broken...it'd be best to just give up. :lol:

It's probably an issue with VRAM I am forcing distant loading of 15 cells of heavily modded textures and meshes. When walking around it's bout 45fps if I go jumping say across the entire map it drops massively and single cell interiors just sky rocket with the fps.

Buy I will never leave the game and my new GPUs if they live up to all these expectations should allow me to mod more plus 3gb VRAM :biggrin:

It's probably an issue with VRAM I am forcing distant loading of 15 cells of heavily modded textures and meshes. When walking around it's bout 45fps if I go jumping say across the entire map it drops massively and single cell interiors just sky rocket with the fps.

Buy I will never leave the game and my new GPUs if they live up to all these expectations should allow me to mod more plus 3gb VRAM :biggrin:

No it's really the engine. It draws everything regardless of whether you can see it or not - even textures and models on the far side of a hill or building. :lol:

The release date is THIS January 9th? As in less than a month away? When do the custom cooled HD 7xxx versions usually release?

Should I still get a GTX 560 to hold me over or will the custom HD 7xxx cards be out soon?

Looking forward to this card!!

And yeah I found it very strange (and impressed) that my card is able to run Battlefield 3 on all high with ultra texture, with AA and AF on.

And even then, I was not that blown away by the graphics compared to when I got Crysis haha!