Overclocking i7 2600k

StaticFusion

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your ambiants ? Because Im getting 64C in games at 1.485V at 31C ambiants

my thermomitor was playing up so got the wrong Ambiants it really is 19C sry for the stuff up and my O.C isnt stable anymore was for a week then started to stuff up so im at 4.8Ghz O.C now at 1.45v Hit 50c while gaming and 70c with prime will upload photo's soon bizy with work sry for the Ambiant stuff up :)

Your sensors are NOT reading correct. At 1.4V with custom water I run low 60's under load. There is no way at that voltage tour getting those temps

This most likely as many of us are running water to cool them at higher vcore levels and clock speeds.

To the OP Not to discount your results but out of the 5 chips I have had in my hands I have not been lucky enough to get one that runs at 5GHz maxing at 70C under prime 95 on air. If so you have a great chip there so hold on to it and treat it well. :cheers:

my thermomitor was playing up so got the wrong Ambiants it really is 19C sry for the stuff up and my O.C isnt stable anymore was for a week then started to stuff up so im at 4.8Ghz O.C now at 1.45v Hit 50c while gaming and 70c with prime will upload photo's soon bizy with work sry for the Ambiant stuff up :)

We all make mistakes Static, no big deal, at least you got all the SB guys woke up.:biggrin:

Hey Static, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet on my BIOS settings, I have been swamped with finals week and getting my house in order for xmas and out-of-town fam in for the holidays! But, here is the best OCing guide I have found for ASUS boards. Our BIOS are slightly different than the P8P67 used in the guide, but with the uEFI BIOS, you will get the point and a good grasp of how to OC on your board!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Hey Static, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet on my BIOS settings, I have been swamped with finals week and getting my house in order for xmas and out-of-town fam in for the holidays! But, here is the best OCing guide I have found for ASUS boards. Our BIOS are slightly different than the P8P67 used in the guide, but with the uEFI BIOS, you will get the point and a good grasp of how to OC on your board!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

thats ok man ive been flatout with work and the kids so i know what its like lol thanks for the link i will check it out Have a Merry Xmas man

Bull crap 70 with prime at 1.45V. That would beat my custom water and you have a hyper 212? Get real

Edited by Drdeath