I need help!

Drewy Juice

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on overclockers forum, I used to read this site a lot to gather information for my personal overclock projects. But now I have a question for the population, I recently purchased a FX 8150 CPU and achieved an overclock of 5.063ghz on air cooling. (stock AMD cooler) The cooler that I have is barely holding the system stable at mid 50's C. The question I have for all of you is, what is the best CPU air cooler that I can get to maintain the lowest operating temperature? Hopefully I can get a list of a few different ones to choose from? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Noctua NH-D14 or Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Although both are huge. Have you considered a self contained water cooler. or even getting something like an xs-pc rasa kit to put together yourself.

I don't know anything about water cooling.

FX 8150 3.6 stock (oced to 5.063)

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

Gskill DDR3 1600 2x4GB sticks

HIS ATI 6970

Storm Sniper cooling case

Here are my specs what would you say?

It will be tight with either of the two air coolers but they will be $20-30 cheaper for same performance as a Corsair H100 which you could mount in th top of the case as something that will leave lots of space around CPU to allow easy access to RAM.