Trouble turning on a pc

cery25

K ,so my sister was starting hes pc this morning, pass from bios entering in the windows when , on the screen it apears a lot of colors in a lot of squares and then evrithing goes black. from then i tried it all to start the pc: put out the battery, memory stik ,another memory stik, unplug the usb the hdd , everithing but the pc don't start .

she has a pc with socket 775 and she is using the onboard vga so i tried with a external gpu but still nothing

any idea ? wath can it be ? can be the vga?

Edited by cery25

K ,so my sister was starting hes pc this morning, pass from bios entering in the windows when , on the screen it apears a lot of colors in a lot of squares and then evrithing goes black. from then i tried it all to start the pc: put out the battery, memory stik ,another memory stik, unplug the usb the hdd , everithing but the pc don't start .

she has a pc with socket 775 and she is using the onboard vga so i tried with a external gpu but still nothing

any idea ? wath can it be ? can be the vga?

Sounds like PSU has gone bad

Sounds like the graphics card failed. Are you able to test with another card?

it is integrated and he has tested with a dedicated...

@op: i would think the motherboard has given up. if you look at the capacitors on the mobo do they look anything like this?

badcap.jpg