Is it just me?

Waco

Or does anyone else dislike what the Christmas contest does to posts on here? I'm not advocating any changes, mind you, because the Christmas contest is freakin' awesome, but the constant spamming of somewhat on-topic replies to threads all over the forum get a bit frustrating.

When I woke up this morning I initially thought OCC got hit by a spambot because of all the old threads that were dug up. :lol: After looking at a few threads I realized it's just older members with essentially zero posts that are rapidly posting to bump up their post count. Granted, they are at least trying to stay on topic (usually), but most of the threads have been long dead and are cluttering up the front page. :lol:

Anyway, rant over. :P Call me names now I guess. :doh:

• Like 2

Isnt that the idea of contest to increase members and traffic?

TTT

Of course! I'm all for more members. I just find the bumping of old threads with offhand comments to be a bit annoying. :P

Isnt that the idea of contest to increase members and traffic?

TTT

Yeah, but the idea is to keep the members too, and to attract quality members. Not members who just show up for these things then leave until next year...

/shrug, I think the contest is as fair as it can be. When you start having rules that limit people by their "status" on the boards you end up limiting not only the bad but some of the good at the same time...

I believe Bosco has said that he will be filtering out the people who "spam" an such anyways... I am sure he will take into account other things as well...

Edited by greengiant912

I say make it 50, hell, 100 posts to give us ppl that have posted for a while a better chance :D

Then what about that one person who comes around and reads a lot but doesn't post a whole lot, and is an overall good member to the community? When they do post they post quality posts and are generally helpful within the community. Should they be excluded?