NH-D14 vs H100

sYstEmATiC

Howdy OCC! I Just ordered a new system build (see sig) and I'm looking for a cooler to OC the 2500K. I am aware that the H100 outperforms the NH-D14, but I'm willing to sacrifice a couple degrees for a savings of $40. My biggest question is will the Noctua fit the GA-Z68X-UD4H-B3 with G.Skill RipJaws X in it? Its built around the Corsair Carbide 400r case. If there is going to be a clearance issue, I will just go ahead and get the H100.

Thanks OCC,

Systematic

You have to look at the case that you put the H100 in. I have it in a 600T and I cannot put a second set of fans on it without relocating the radiator. Even then its iffy. THe rad has to go all of the way to the case side to fit in a set of fans to push air out of the case.

Also I think the H100 only outperformed the D14 when the fans were cranked to the max and it was considerably noisier. the D14 is very quiet even at max fans. I leave mine running at full speed.

The D14 has 44mm of clearance under it, although you can move the fan up a little to increase that. Its around 160mm tall so your case width needs to be around 180mm wide (more if it has side fans) to fit it.

Well, the NH-D14 "should" fit, according to measurments. I'm just hoping that it clears my memory. I really dont think ~3C is worth the extra $40. I think the H100 looks much cleaner, but I'm trying to think performance at this point. lol I'm going to snag the D14. I will wait to buy extra case fans until after I see how much leftover room I have to work with.

I have the D14 and I'm really happy that I picked it, and not the H100. I heard the H100 the other day and it's, well not noisy, but just more audible, running at balanced mode. At maximum level it's annoying. And there are only a few degrees between the two.

I got the NH-D14 with my new build and painted the fans. It looks good thru the window, kind of haha. It works, its big, it can be a conversation piece. I have performance ram with high spreaders on it and the fan moved up a little on the cooler.

This thing cools like no other. :cheers:

Dave1028.jpg

Dave1026.jpg

Dave1027.jpg

I have used the H 100,NH-D14, and the Thermalright Silver Arrow. All three were within a degree of each other under load (the H 100 needed higher RPM fans). i went with the Silver Arrow and three fans. If you can get a better deal on one of them, or prefer the looks of one, It is a 'pick'em'