Gagzila's Gaming Rig for 2012

Gagzila

Thought I'd post up a couple eyefinity desktop pics while waiting for BF BC2 to finish updating...really annoys me that you can't simply install and play a game straight away any more...you HAVE to update it first :pfp:

So got a LED back light installed now, also bought a white LED strip to install inside the case but it's far to bright so I won't be installing it...and yeah obviously got the saphire adapater in now as I have eyefinity working!

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

Won't be able to get COD Black Ops going tonight due to some installation complexities (got given it by a family member so have to get them to verify my new installation of Steam on their email for this game).

Cheers,

Craig

Hey All,

Been pretty sick with some flu the last few days and still coming out of it, so haven't been real productive on the PC build as you could expect. Will be updating the firmware on my SSDs tonight (in lieu of the hide and seek issue) so basically will have to re-format them afterwards and start again with a fresh install and go from there.

Will hopefully get some benchmarks up at some stage on the weekend.

Cheers,

Craig

Hey guys, I don't mean to hijack your thread at all, but I'm actually very curious about doing a downgraded version of this build, I'd basically like to keep the same parts just with one single 27inch screen, I have no need for the 3 screens; with that in- mind would any changes need to be made by chance?

As far As i can tell this is what the final rig would look like:

System

- Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White Case

- Intel Core i7 2600K

- Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU cooler

- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z

- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 x 2 (2x4GB - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R ) ( 2 sets of these so 4 sticks in total )

- MSI Radeon HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III PE/OC x2 in crossfire ( 2 of these )

- OCZ ZX Series 1250W PSU

- OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5" SSD

- Western Digital Green 2TB x4 in RAID 10 configuration

- Using onboard audio

- Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW

- Windows 7 64 bit

Now i've got a razer naga mouse and a lycossa keyboard as well as logitech speakers from my old rig that will suffice, i'll be using headphones for most of the time i'm gaming, and this rig will be for gaming: Diablo 3, Mass effect 3, Skyrim, battlefield 3, and SWTOR. I'm just curious if i need the 2 MSI radeons? or if i need that much memory? Basically i know he spent $3k on his setup but I'm just a student so my budget is $2k maximum, so i'm wondering if anyone of the kind posters that have posted before have any tips or anything for me on what kind of rig i should get or is the above setup perfectly fine for running the aformentioned games at max settings? Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi Terano,

That's awesome that someone else thinks my build is good enough to re-use it for their own :thumbsup:

If only going the single monitor, I would probably get rid of one of the graphics cards and obviously downsize your PSU to an 800w or something like that. Others have also said that 16GB of ram is not needed, you would probably be fine with half of that.

I can tell you that the onboard sound is fine for your logitech speakers as well if you were wondering, mine sounds awesome on the Logitech X540 system.

If you really want to get the most from your system while staying within budget, I suggest making your own build thread simply to get the attention of all the people that looked at mine but have probably since stopped re-checking since I've bought all my parts and finished putting it together now.

All the best with it, if you have any other question I would be happy to answer them.

Hopefully I will have some time this week to finally get some benchmarks up like I keep saying I will LOL.

Cheers,

Craig

Yeah for sure, That sounds like a plan! I really do think your setup is amazing, if i had a little more cash I would probably do the exact same setup to be honest, I actually did have one specific question that has been on my mind; do you have room in your tower with your current setup for a network card as I don't plan on going for a wired internet connection. And I'd just like to thank you for the quick response too! I'm looking forward to your benchmarks so i can roughly see how my downsized version of your rig will do. Have a good one! :)

Yeah for sure, That sounds like a plan! I really do think your setup is amazing, if i had a little more cash I would probably do the exact same setup to be honest, I actually did have one specific question that has been on my mind; do you have room in your tower with your current setup for a network card as I don't plan on going for a wired internet connection. And I'd just like to thank you for the quick response too! I'm looking forward to your benchmarks so i can roughly see how my downsized version of your rig will do. Have a good one! :)

Depends on mobo you end up with, if you dual card and what connection the wireless card requires.

If you can make wired work it will be much better for you.

@Craig

Welcome back to the land of the living. Hope to see those benches soon.

Edit: @Terano this build could also go together much cheaper in the states. Around 20% at least damn unlucky thing about being in Australia but oh well I love this country. Also as Gagzilla said head into system builds post up a thread give everyone your budget, location/sites you can buy from as well as telling them you plan to model your build on this. Dont forget to let them know you need a wireless card. Good luck.

Edited by Stonerboy779