"BATTLEFIELD 3" PC Case Mod...Video Posted Today!

WOW! Excellent work. Will the case be in a contest or draw at the show? I don't know the phsyics of bullet proof glass, but would a bullet even penetrate it? I am thinking it will look out of place. Hollow point bullets will go through. ??? The weathering effect kind of gets lost in the camouflage pattern. Camo, scratch, blood, bullet, artwork are all fitting well together. Maybe if the weathering color was rust it would work better? The next paint effect could be dust (sand or concrete), so the case has the rugged effect. I think shrapnel would start to be overkill. Maybe not? What about a marine boot mark?

Thank you, and there has been talk about that idea, but nothing commited yet... Marine boot treads would be cool :) While I'm still waiting for the system hardware to arrive, I'm adding final details to the interior, like these 140mm Honeycomb Fan Grills for the exhaust and floor intake, I've painting them camouflage, to match the painted interior.

http://www.mnpctech.com/120mm_Custom_FanGrill.html

honeycomb120fangrill.mnpctech.com1.jpg

Supplies in order of Use.

1. Red Scotch brite Pad to scuff the surface of the grills

2. Tack Cloth to clean

3. Red Primer (any color is fine)

4. Apply Rustoleum "Specialty Series" Camouflage Paints

5. Apply Matte Clear

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech1.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_mnpctech5a.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech2.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech3.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech4.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech5.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech6.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech9.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech7.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_140mm_fan_grill_mnpctech8.jpg

Edited by mnpctech

Airbrushed effect of side panel being peeled back by Mnpctech custom painter, Brad Galvin.

Glowing effect airbrushed on the BF3 Marine.

Black outline airbrushed on BF3 Marine. A flat clear will be applied over the finished mural.

with Brad's guidance, I airbrushed the bullet holes and scratched paint effects on the access panel. I started with the easy task of filling the BF3 stencil on the left side panel.

To create bullet holes in the cast acrylic PC window sheet, using #9901 Dremel Attachment Tungsten Carbide Cutter for Engraving

Using Dremel to create bullet holes...

The illusion of bullet holes, created in the custom paint and made in the cast acrylic PC window sheet

Just a few more details to take care of, then we can install the system!

Amazing!!!! I love this

@bishop245, I want to meet you as well! I should have posters to give out, I'll be sharing a booth with Fractal-Design, on the main floor, South 2 - 25508

and I'm Sorry for lack of updates guys, Brad did the custom airbrushed mural...I'm working on 3 other custom builds for CES, and it's getting down to crunch time.. The system hardware for BF3 has finally started arriving, so I could update you! First was Intel's i-7 2600 and Prolimtech Genesis cpu cooler. I was initially concerned about space for install / uninstall of the Patriot memory modules (w/ heat spreaders), but there is plenty of space! I bumped the asus sabertooth optional 50mm fan hole for cooling the P67 chipset to 60mm...and camouflaged the fan too! Final detail was cover the Apevia "Green blade" cooling fans with 120mm billet "Sniper" fan grills

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_mnpctech_asus_sabertooth_Genesis_Prolimatech1.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_mnpctech_asus_sabertooth_Genesis_Prolimatech3.jpg

battlefield_3_bf3_case_mod_mnpctech_asus_sabertooth_Genesis_Prolimatech4.jpg

Edited by mnpctech