[Build Log] Computer Desk finally DONE!

MJCRO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking the progress you've made so far. I think the paint job you're doing is the better option, like a few have said. Just judging by the appearance of the top part of the desk, it would have taken some considerable work to get it in a good shape to have some varnish applied.

Sorry if I missed it, but my curiousity is being impatient, why did you choose latex paint over oil based especially if you put the effort into sanding it down and then doing a primer coat. And the first post said it's plywood, so was it oak or plywood, the posts confuse me and I can't see the pictures atm.

Sorry if I missed it, but my curiousity is being impatient, why did you choose latex paint over oil based especially if you put the effort into sanding it down and then doing a primer coat. And the first post said it's plywood, so was it oak or plywood, the posts confuse me and I can't see the pictures atm.

His old desk is made from plywood.

The new one is oak that was abused with horrible painting choices. The second one is the one he has painted and it's looking pretty good atm.

The new one is oak that was abused with horrible painting choices. The second one is the one he has painted and it's looking pretty good atm.

Nope, ss Stoner, the op edited his first post, it is plywood not hardwood, had to double check that myself, still a nice job

Nope, ss Stoner, the op edited his first post, it is plywood not hardwood, had to double check that myself, still a nice job

Whadda you know you are right. Well that means all our objections to wasting a lovely harwood by painting not staining were out of place. Haha it does look good now anyway.

Latex drys a lot faster than oil, and it gives the same effect.

The old table is MDF (fake wood).