Only 2 fans?

SkytTe

Thats not really safe. :down:

Too many problems to list.

It can be safe. Basically that is what you are doing when you splice wires together. I do tons of car audio and electronics, and splicing is a great way to connect wires. I even spliced on of my fans to a molex wire so I could hook it up to the PSU. Works just fine.

It can be safe. Basically that is what you are doing when you splice wires together. I do tons of car audio and electronics, and splicing is a great way to connect wires. I even spliced on of my fans to a molex wire so I could hook it up to the PSU. Works just fine.

:withstupid: Just don't short and you'll be fine.

Oh you can splice wires together to problem. Im not saying that is a bad idea, Its the way the person was describing it was the problem.

Well........ a proper splice including a good soldering job and then insulation of the wires using shrink tubing or ET is a better recommendation than paper clips. Just my 2 cents worth.

Now this is the right way to splice wires together

If you splice with paperclips you are never touching my car and I don't want you near any of my audio projects either. :erm:

Edited by Stonerboy779

No doubt.:unsure:

Working in car audio myself I have seen some horrific and downright dangerous and stupid wiring. Howeve if I saw paperclips, I would call the customer in and ask them to explain. Then charge lots more money to run over the car to see what else is butchered.

I cannot put a warranty on work that is compromised by someone else's stuff ups and short cuts.

If you splice and solder, tape/heatshrink. I have no issue, provided resistances current power is worked out too.

Don't be silly, I would never use paperclips. You guys seriously had to make those posts thinking I would? LOL. I was commenting about how people think splicing is bad, nothing bad about it.

*EDIT* Sorry for the mis-clarification mods, but please don't change my posts to a sentence with horrible grammar. Lol =)

what a strange turning the topic has taken :D

Thanks you all for ur replies. I Think I'll just use the PSU to power the fans, and then maybe buy a fan controller in the future :)

Don't be silly, I would never use paperclips. You guys seriously had to make those posts thinking I would? LOL. I was commenting about how people think splicing is bad, nothing bad about it.

*EDIT* Sorry for the mis-clarification mods, but please don't change my posts to a sentence with horrible grammar. Lol =)

Ah Ya. As you said it !

If you didnt mean it like that, then dont say it. As we dont want people taking bad ideas like using a paperclip to be used in a system and then they come back saying it blow up there system because he read it in a fourm, So it must be ok.

sorry op, but i just have to say something about splicing.

currently i run my audio/video connection over a 5+5m KVM-switch cable with the audio over the PS2 cables, and VGA over the VGA part, and a big splice in the middle and at both ends.