ALMOST fried gpu

Brutality

Sure, it will just take a little longer and usually a bit more elbow grease. Do you have 90% pure?

I always use the lighter fluid because it cuts through like butter in seconds, no matter how old the TIM.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it will just take a little longer and usually a bit more elbow grease. Do you have 90% pure?

I always use the lighter fluid because it cuts through like butter in seconds, no matter how old the TIM.

Thanks alot man, I'll give it a go =)

I've got 93% :)

Ladies and Gents :D

Got it all together now and put it back in the system... and Houston... We have a boot-up! :D

atm folding on GPU, trying to figure out the load temp (well.. load folding temp.. which we were interested in :P)

BTW: the fan is still complaining but the temps seem ALOT better.. I mean, it's been sitting on 69*C for 5 mins now... seems to be the load temp.. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!

TYVM guys for your awesome help... boy was I scared to disassemble my graphics card.. but with your help I managed with flying colours xD

EDIT: Load temp is definately 69*C, been there for 30 mins...

Also let the machine rest for 1 hour, and it seems like idle temp is 31*C.. dunno what it was before, but just stating it for completeness =)

Edited by Brutality

Ladies and Gents :D

Got it all together now and put it back in the system... and Houston... We have a boot-up! :D

atm folding on GPU, trying to figure out the load temp (well.. load folding temp.. which we were interested in :P)

BTW: the fan is still complaining but the temps seem ALOT better.. I mean, it's been sitting on 69*C for 5 mins now... seems to be the load temp.. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!

TYVM guys for your awesome help... boy was I scared to disassemble my graphics card.. but with your help I managed with flying colours xD

EDIT: Load temp is definately 69*C, been there for 30 mins...

Also let the machine rest for 1 hour, and it seems like idle temp is 31*C.. dunno what it was before, but just stating it for completeness =)

Not bad not bad, I would still listen out for any changes in the fan sound because it may give way.

• 2 weeks later...

The fan is still "complaining"... and just now I thought... I could record it, so u can hear what I mean

Anyways, I haven't had any overheating issues since the clean, but the fan is still "complaining"

Here is a 3sec video where I record the sound;

http://gupl.dk/65591/

Since I'm not annoyed by the sound and my gpu is performing as expected, I'm not too worried about it, but I just wanted to let you hear what I meant =P

Cheers

sounds normal to me. Are you saying that it's very high? If so, you can probably turn it down using CCC (or whatever it's called now).

It's not normal, because it's something which comes once in a while (but more often, as time passes), and I've tried turning fan speed up and down, without any effect... I guess it's the casing which is falling apart or something lol

EDIT:

Bonus question:

How long does a gpu typical last, before it "dies"?

Edited by Brutality