Do you prefer backlit keyboards

VaporX

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to use a backlit keyboard

In my recent quest for a new keyboard I have found that I would love a nice mechanical keyboard for the durability and responsive feel. However I have gotten used to using a backlit keyboard and am a bit concerned that I would miss it. Back lighting on mechanical keyboards jack the rice quite a bit.

This got me thinking and wondering how others thought when it came to backlit keyboards.

Interesting to see that only the people that like backlit are commenting so far...hhmmm...

BTW I also notice the quick comments about the Saitek. The Eclipse II is STILL one of my favorite keyboards, to bad they do not make it any more. Can still find them on Amazon but that will get harder over time.

Eclipse I here, keeping it old school. :D

I love my Eclipse, it's my second backlit keyboard, my first was from Logisys and it was absolutely terrible for the most part. I've thought about getting a mechanical keyboard recently but I've put the idea away because of what you said about backlighting driving the prices up insanely and because I don't think I couldn't stand the noise from the keys. Not sure on the second reason though, I've heard there some pretty quiet mechanical keyboards but I really don't have anyway to find out for myself without opening up my wallet. :(