Do you prefer backlit keyboards

VaporX

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to use a backlit keyboard

I have a backlit Microsoft keyboard and I like it. I like it because it is orange, but I could probably do without it. I would also like a mechanical but can't justify that kind of price for a keyboard.

Been using a G15 since its release several years ago (bigger 1st gen with 18x3 hotkeys). It still performs like new, and I'm going to replace it until it breaks. I love the back lighting in keyboards. I like to keep my room dark, so I take advantage of the back lighting more often than not.

Seems like everyone who owns a backlit keyboard likes it and the others who cannot afford one dont :P

:) Good stuff.

I don't consider it a necessity by any means, but there is a certain cool factor. Admittedly I'm not as sensitive as some seem to be regarding key action, resistance, tactile feel etc. And I'm on a PC or laptop typing both at work and at home for at least 12 hours a day. I don't like mushy keyboards much (like the one on my laptop) but hell I can't even really complain about the Dell that's on the workstation in my office. Guess my fingers just aren't sensitive enough. Fortunately for all of us, keyboards can be found in about any size, shape, color or cost to fit everyone's needs.

I still like my Eclipse though :)

And I agree with what someone said about the Cyborg. Saitek needs to stick to designs along the Eclipse line because the Cyborg is just frickin' ridiculously stupid.

Seems like everyone who owns a backlit keyboard likes it and the others who cannot afford one dont :P

:lol:

I think the people who don't want it are pretty much right about it, it's not a necessary feature unless you look at the keyboard. Personally I don't need to look at the keyboard for regular typing like this, maybe the only time I need to look at it is for keys outside of the letter area.

For me though, blacklighting definitely takes a role in my purchasing decision, it's still not necessary but it is something that I definitely want in my keyboard, for me it adds a sense of layer of relaxation to my desk. I really enjoy blue lighting on my computer and various other electronics because I find the color to be relaxing.

Not sure what some people mean by having "lights shining" in their eyes. I don't know about other backlit keyboards but my Eclipse I isn't even close to bright on the max setting, and it has three lighting level, high, low, and off, but high still isn't bright at all and that's what I have it on. This is coming from someone that hates bright lighting by the way, I have to squint my eyes just from walking into a room with sun light shining through the windows.

Either you're extremely naive or you haven't actually read the responses.

I think he was just kidding, take a chill pill.

In fact, I noticed that all the people saying no, seem to have i7 CPUs, I would imagine these people can afford a $150 keyboard if they so choose, however this is strictly a poll on backlighting, and you can get a nice backlit keyboard for $50 or less easily. Like I said though, I'm pretty sure he was joking. :P

I just recently got a Razer Arctosa black edition (the keys are blacked out with no text). I didn't like it at first - but it absolutely forces you to learn how to touch-type every single key on the keyboard. Every single one.

Because of it I now type better than ever since I never look at my keyboard to do anything and to top it off it's pretty freakin' awesome looking. :lol:

It's got nothing to do with the cost though - backlit keyboards are cheap these days. I also think it's funny that people who can't touch type can't use my computer. :biggrin:

Edited by Waco

I just recently got a Razer Arctosa black edition (the keys are blacked out with no text). I didn't like it at first - but it absolutely forces you to learn how to touch-type every single key on the keyboard. Every single one.

Because of it I now type better than ever since I never look at my keyboard to do anything and to top it off it's pretty freakin' awesome looking. :lol:

It's got nothing to do with the cost though - backlit keyboards are cheap these days. I also think it's funny that people who can't touch type can't use my computer. :biggrin:

A friend of mine has the Arctosa and I honestly dislike it more than my Lycosa (that's a difficult feat, honestly).

I do prefer mechanical keyboards, but I still maintain that my favorite keyboard of all time was my old Razer Tarantula, which was a membrane keyboard. I have a feeling that if I get a new keyboard, it'll probably be the mechanical Razer Blackwidow, which is backlit. I do like my backlighting :)

Either you're extremely naive or you haven't actually read the responses.

What is it that time of the month Andrew ? :lol:

It was just a joke lol :P