Thermaltake closed WC

Prunes

Was browsing around and came across this: Thermaltake ProWater 850i

Is it any good? Never seen anyone talk about here on OCC.

"3. All-in-one mounting design supports all latest CPU from Intel & AMD.

(Includes: Intel Socket LGA775 and AMD K8/AM2.)"

My guess puts it as being quite an old system. So maybe for its time it was great, but i highly doubt it could kept up with any of the current gen stuff.

NO! For the price you can do FAR better with pretty much any other kit.

Especially these for cheaper: http://www.frozencpu...html?tl=g30c321 http://www.frozencpu...html?tl=g30c321

I own the Dual radiator kit and Night Ryda owns the Triple rad kit. I can vouch they are both great And the only issue is the tubing that can be upgraded for ten dollars upon purchase to a duralene Tubing with some clamps.

And to go with that the Kit you posted is pretty old. A good air cooler for a third of the cost will likely outperform it by a huge margin. And anything thermal-take I stay away from. One of there 600 watt psu's I bought wouldn't even power a low end system with a GTX260 reference card so I refuse to buy any of there crap.

I agree with boinker...

I've also got a xspc kit but the thicker rx dual rad... And it's stupidly cold. Running high speed hi flow fans on it and it cools much better than any sealed water unit ever could.. Ontop of that it's totally expandable so u can add more radiators, pumps, add blocks for the gfx cards... Anything...

The main reasons to stay away fro Thermaltake;

1- Thermaltake uses mixed metals in there water cooling and that is a no no when it comes to watercooling. Mixed metals cause corrosion.

2- Thermaltake pumps have a very high ratio of failure.

Ya I have had one along time ago i got it from fry's i think it was on clearance for like 50 bucks, but it was garbage tbh. Theres basically no tech built into any of it, it's a crappy pump, a bottle they call a resivoir, some small tubing, and the copper blocks just have a channel groved into them for water to pass thru, no nipples for wather to take heat from, no microfins, nuithing and the crappy lexan tops makes leaks constant problems. Like everyone else says just steer clear of them for water cooling.