Antec h2o 920 vs hiper 212+

As title suggests, Should I stick with what I have which is reasonable cooling or move on the a sealed water option...

Specs in sig. Case is haf 932.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it depends ... What were your temps in Summer on the Hyper 212+ at 4.2GHz ?

I cant see anything wrong with upgrading if you have the money . The Hyper 212+ is probably the cheapest thing in your pc ATM

Def cheapest ATM lol... Umm in summer temps get to around 50ish but I don't normally run pc when it's in the high 30s low 40s ambient... Too fkn hot even for me lol otherwise temps r usually around high 30s low 40s on pc when ambushes around 15ish while folding.. With 2 gpus as well...

I'd like to upgrade.. If it's gonna make a big difference.. At 4.2ghz nyt it gets to around 55-56 which is obviously too much for the poor cooler lol

ambushes??? wtf??? stupid iphone.. its suppose to say ambient lol and the d14.. yer every review ive seen on the 920 shows it stomps all air coolers.. but not by a great margin at the top end of the air cooler range.. which mine is not at.. hence y i said vs 212+.. and not d14 :/

The Hyper 212 does not do well at higher overclocks on the 920. It lacks the HSP. The D-14 remains the premier air cooler period. Case closed on air. Water will get ya more especially on the heat monster 920.

Only thing I would change out of the Rasa kit would be the Tubing that it comes with. Get some decent duralene Pvc 1/2-3/4 tubing, 8 clamps, 3 different fans and the XSPC rasa kit is awesome. But hey, it runs fine at stock too. :D

You will get better cooling but not enough to be worth spending the money on unless you need it. The real advantage of the closed loop systems is the fact they leave the case more open to work in. If you need this then buying is a great idea. if not save your money for something that will impact your usage of your PC in a real way.