Do i need a CPU Cooler

MAX4U

my pc is on a flat surface i mean the motherborad is open with out a cabinet and the processor temperature goes 85+ without OC.

so finally purchased a CM storm enforcer for my components but was wondering if that would suffice or do i have to need to purchase a CPU cooler.

PS: not gonna OC or have an option to get a noctua nh 12 if i get freaked up..:!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "with out a cabinet" I assume that was with no side panel ?

The CM Storm should lower temps but why not pay a little more and get a Hyper 212+ ? They're excellent and drop temps quite a bit for $50 . Just make sure it fits first ;)

By "with out a cabinet" I assume that was with no side panel ?

The CM Storm should lower temps but why not pay a little more and get a Hyper 212+ ? They're excellent and drop temps quite a bit for $50 . Just make sure it fits first ;)

Without cabinet means that i dint have that literally.! just motherboard , gpu proc and psu running on a table.

and ENFORCER also does fit a noctua D14.

Are you sure the stock cooler is on correctly? (OP stated hes using stock cooler in title)

What is your room temperature?

yes, removed the thermal and applied it several times only to fail and the same temperature continues.

Room temperature is around 28 and my idle temp is 38~40;

and at loads it gets as high as 85+ and reaches 90, so just getting afraid..:(

Even the stock cooler should be getting better ...

The D14 is definately a huge waste of space if not oc'ing , even an H60 is overkill unless you just want to have space open and keep the cpu super cool .