Formula 1 Discussion thread

Nyt

That was some BS that Red Bull wouldn't let Webber pass Vettel. Who gives a crap about his enormous points lead, Webber had the better car and should have passed him.

I hate politics in racing. When a racing driver cannot race he is no longer able to do his job.

• Like 1

All i want to say is... Well i wont. All the brit haters got the answer! :thumbsup::cheers: hahahaahaaaa :haha:

HATERS GONNA HATE!

Edited by Goth
  • Like 1

That was some BS that Red Bull wouldn't let Webber pass Vettel. Who gives a crap about his enormous points lead, Webber had the better car and should have passed him.

I hate politics in racing. When a racing driver cannot race he is no longer able to do his job.

And how stupid would Red Bull have looked if Mark had clipped Seb and taken both cars out?

Although I agree the politics can ruin it, but at the end of the day it is a TEAM sport NOT a 1 man glory sport. Red Bull did what was best for the TEAM.

And how stupid would Red Bull have looked if Mark had clipped Seb and taken both cars out?

Although I agree the politics can ruin it, but at the end of the day it is a TEAM sport NOT a 1 man glory sport. Red Bull did what was best for the TEAM.

That's the thing, I don't see Webber making that mistake. He got called off when he had a huge run out of a corner on Vettel and would have easily made the pass. He got called back because the team favors Vettel and always has. Be it equipment or track position, Webber gets the raw end of the deal more often than not.

I remember when men raced F1, not pansies.

That's the thing, I don't see Webber making that mistake. He got called off when he had a huge run out of a corner on Vettel and would have easily made the pass. He got called back because the team favors Vettel and always has. Be it equipment or track position, Webber gets the raw end of the deal more often than not.

I remember when men raced F1, not pansies.

Don't be so short sighted. Just recently there have been seasons decided by a few points, the difference between a first and second place in one race. For the TEAM ( as has been said already, this is a team sport) it makes no difference which driver is first or second but for the Driver's Championship it can and has come down to one race. Don't let your emotions overrule strategy. F1 is all strategy...tire selection, when to pit, (used to be fuel strategy involved), and who should get the most points are only some of the decisions they made. This is racing, bro. It's the pansies that b*tch about it! :whistling:

WTF? Sometimes they say Its the constructor they are interested in and now according to you guys they are favoring Vettel?

I know they favor Vettel, but shouldn't be like this. Vettel had problem with his KERS so wth? If Webber is passing then its fair and square. The Team points wont change! I

But the question is... Team orders are allowed.

/END RANT!

Don't be so short sighted. Just recently there have been seasons decided by a few points, the difference between a first and second place in one race. For the TEAM ( as has been said already, this is a team sport) it makes no difference which driver is first or second but for the Driver's Championship it can and has come down to one race. Don't let your emotions overrule strategy. F1 is all strategy...tire selection, when to pit, (used to be fuel strategy involved), and who should get the most points are only some of the decisions they made. This is racing, bro. It's the pansies that b*tch about it! :whistling:

No, pansies fall in line with strategy because the head honchos said so instead of falling in line with it to win. Great racers (like Ayrton Senna for example), used fantastic strategies to win, but when they weren't enough they made up the difference. They drove to win which should be every racing driver's goal. If not, they're doing it wrong.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I watched Senna blow past teammates, make insane passes in the rain or with no grip whatsoever, purposely wreck someone to win a race or even a championship, and he did it with a 1000+hp turbocharged monster behind his head. THAT is what F1 should be, not politics. He drove to win, and did whatever it took.

I miss watching the F1 I grew up with. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy it, I just thought Webber got robbed because he had the faster car when he pulled up behind Vettel. The faster car should place higher, and when the radio chatter prohibits that then I don't think the drivers are racing anymore. They may as well be getting groceries at 280mph lol

No, pansies fall in line with strategy because the head honchos said so instead of falling in line with it to win. Great racers (like Ayrton Senna for example), used fantastic strategies to win, but when they weren't enough they made up the difference. They drove to win which should be every racing driver's goal. If not, they're doing it wrong.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I watched Senna blow past teammates, make insane passes in the rain or with no grip whatsoever, purposely wreck someone to win a race or even a championship, and he did it with a 1000+hp turbocharged monster behind his head. THAT is what F1 should be, not politics. He drove to win, and did whatever it took.

I miss watching the F1 I grew up with. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy it, I just thought Webber got robbed because he had the faster car when he pulled up behind Vettel. The faster car should place higher, and when the radio chatter prohibits that then I don't think the drivers are racing anymore. They may as well be getting groceries at 280mph lol

lol you can make your own team and ask them to get your groceries :P. and 280mph? That figure is way big!

280 kph

And to be quite honest with you I think F1 as a motorsport has declined and it's because of the very things you're complaining about and that I defended. I understand why they make the decisions and can justify them but I don't care for them personally. I remember a completely different kind of race also. It was more exciting, less technical and a MUCH smaller industry (in terms of $$). It seems F1 has lost it's way a bit. And like you say, don't get me wrong, I still love it but it's not the same.

I shouldn't imply you're a pansy or others for the same reasons...you just sound like a fellow frustrated fan. :cheers:

280 kph

And to be quite honest with you I think F1 as a motorsport has declined and it's because of the very things you're complaining about and that I defended. I understand why they make the decisions and can justify them but I don't care for them personally. I remember a completely different kind of race also. It was more exciting, less technical and a MUCH smaller industry (in terms of $$). It seems F1 has lost it's way a bit. And like you say, don't get me wrong, I still love it but it's not the same.

I shouldn't imply you're a pansy or others for the same reasons...you just sound like a fellow frustrated fan. :cheers:

pretty much sums it up. I cried when Senna died and I cried when they did away with the turbos. F1 used to be about balls, and the drivers were arrogant as hell. Now they look like rich yuppies playing polo for Harvard. It just seems...weird lol. I also miss the Marlboro cars. I grew up watching them dominate

I grew up loving cars and have been racing off and on since I could drive. Nothing beats the thrill of going balls out which is what I would love to see back in F1. I am happy to hear they are bringing back turbos though. That will definitely make things interesting again because I think it will even out the field initially and competition is always a good thing :)

Vettel seemed like a genuine nice guy on TG

Yea. It was way epic to see him on TG. Best episode ever! and again BBC outdid themselves with F1 buildup.