Fan Controller

First of all here's my pc specs

Proc: Phenom II x3 720 stable at 3.4ghz

Mobo: Asus M4A89GTD Pro

V.Card: Radeon HD4770

Case: Nzxt Tempest Evo

PSU: Hec cougar cm 700w

Im planning to get a fan controller but im lost on what to get. The tempest evo has 6 fans so im planning to get something that could controll all of them. What should I look for? I dont know a think about amps and currents or voltage. Im sure that the fan on this case input is 1.92W but i check out the sentry 2 and the minimum for each channel is 10w. Does that mean that my fan wouldnt work on the sentry2? thanks

I use the Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25" Bay Fan Controller, looks like it would be low quality from the website, but it's really good. The display is nice, good colors, it comes with 6 thermal sensors, and has plenty of power for fans. Check it out HERE

I use the Scythe Kaze Master Pro 5.25" Bay Fan Controller, looks like it would be low quality from the website, but it's really good. The display is nice, good colors, it comes with 6 thermal sensors, and has plenty of power for fans. Check it out HERE

thanks, I was checking out the website.. again I dont understand the amphere stuff.. will this work on my fan?

I think the more Watts per port, the more fans you can connect to that single port. As to how many Watts a fan takes, I do not know. My Sunbeam Rheosmart 4, came this morning, I'll find out how many fans it can run on a single port when I get home.

The way I see it if you have 2 fans in the same location, you don't need them on a separate port unless they aren't both intake or outtake or not the same fan size.

For example my case holds two side panel fans. There is no reason for me to put both of them on a separate port since they will both be intake. Unless you for some reason want to run fans next to each other at different speeds, which kinda seems weird.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I secind this suggestion.... I had its little brother and they are a very good fan controller.

That may be a good controller, maybe, but from my experience: DONT BUY FROM SCYTHE!!

I bought a KazeQ fan controller though i knew it was cheep and it didn't work as spec'ed and 2 channels didn't work period. They gave me the run around on RMA and finally sent me another one; thick layer of dust, bent transistors and 1 dead channel. They refused repeat contact.

:angry:

thanks, I was checking out the website.. again I dont understand the amphere stuff.. will this work on my fan?

Each of the six channels can handle 12W and at 12V that's 1A . (Watts=Amps * Volts). This is a maximum figure so anything less than or equal to 12W on each channel is fine, your fan at 1.92W is way below the maximum so it will work OK.

I can see that the Scythe might not be the best of quality; the nobs are a little wiggly, the unit itself warms up quite a bit, etc. but it is one of the best ones out there. And if you need a fan power splitter they have some cheap ones HERE.

The way I see it if you have 2 fans in the same location, you don't need them on a separate port unless they aren't both intake or outtake or not the same fan size.

For example my case holds two side panel fans. There is no reason for me to put both of them on a separate port since they will both be intake. Unless you for some reason want to run fans next to each other at different speeds, which kinda seems weird.

I agree.. my case.. nzxt tempest evo has two front intakes, one side intake, two top exhaust and one back exhaust.. I could control the two front intakes with one channel, two top exhaust with one channel, which means that i may need maybe around 4 to 5.. thanks for the suggestions