Taxes

flareback

Our tax system is too complicated. I just got a letter from the irs saying that I'm getting a bigger refund than I thought I was. Plus they want to give me more money because of the child tax credit. I really wish they would go to a simple tax system like a % of income.

Why are you complaining? You are getting more money! :wacko:

Because it probably could have just as easily gone the other way and I would have owed money. It's ridiculous how complicated they make giving them money.

Nah taxes beat the FAilFSA, that form should let me click. "White" and "Dependent" and then let me know I'm not gonna get Jack Schmidt from the govt other than loans, it beats an hour of unnecessary angst.

Nah taxes beat the FAilFSA, that form should let me click. "White" and "Dependent" and then let me know I'm not gonna get Jack Schmidt from the govt other than loans, it beats an hour of unnecessary angst.

That made me laugh

The FAFSA has recently gotten alot easier, this year it only took me 5 minutes to fill out, as it now can pull your tax return from the IRS. It is nice that our government is starting to get in gear when it comes to the information different departments can access. It also stores all of your information from year to year (First time FAFSA dose take longer). If your under 24 you have to file under your parents regardless if your dependent, when I turned 24 it was a whole lot easier as I didn't need my parents info... I agree though things could be simplified.

I don't find taxes to be all that bad. FAFSA is a pain but at least it's easy now.

Taxes aren't too difficult it's all the added "jargon" they include (or don't as is often the case) over-complicating something simple, I ponder sometimes if it's just to justify their existence (Tax office officials) that's the REAL crux of the problem... I swear each year they provide that little bit less of useful (read as necessary) information to individuals :yucky:

I study up each year on what I can (and cannot) claim by way of depreciation, work related expenditure and education offsets...

I lost money with taxes in my country too. I declared more income than I had and then I could get back only $20 of $140 I paid extra..

taxes are complicated .. just like that