The days of chivalry are gone....

Well lucky for me, I was in Toronto for the "Slutwalk" and was able to pick up a very nice and willing lady!Spent a couple of days with her and had a very, very good time actually.So maybe I have to say "Thanks" to the officer who made the remark that got it started, although I do believe that his remarks were unwarranted and poorly made.But then again, I did have a great weekend !!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of encourages rape and sexual assault in my opinion. Which I'm sure many don't agree with.

Damn right many don't. Many of us have brains that we don't shut off when talking about scantily clad women. :lol:

Damn right many don't. Many of us have brains that we don't shut off when talking about scantily clad women. :lol:

Suddenly I am reminded of a medical fact concerning the human brain. Turns out there's a way to shut off the female brain, and possibly men too, but it hasn't yet been observed. The actual means to this end is related to the topic at hand.

I get too many science news pieces and have too good a memory for random facts.

Suddenly I am reminded of a medical fact concerning the human brain. Turns out there's a way to shut off the female brain, and possibly men too, but it hasn't yet been observed. The actual means to this end is related to the topic at hand.

I get too many science news pieces and have too good a memory for random facts.

I'm pretty sure that a guy that's just been flashed shuts down nearly instantly. :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure that a guy that's just been flashed shuts down nearly instantly. :biggrin:

Actually no. I've been (partially) flashed twice and my brain didn't shut down. That is a funny story though. I wasn't the intended target, but he missed it both times :pfp:

The reason it hasn't been observed in men is that the associated event is so short in men that we just can't record things that fast. If asked I will stop being subtle and explain in more detail (though that may not be needed given all the hints I've already posted).

Actually no. I've been (partially) flashed twice and my brain didn't shut down. That is a funny story though. I wasn't the intended target, but he missed it both times :pfp:

The reason it hasn't been observed in men is that the associated event is so short in men that we just can't record things that fast. If asked I will stop being subtle and explain in more detail (though that may not be needed given all the hints I've already posted).

Personally I'd like to hear more about this subject, I can't say I recognize that kind of thing happening to me at such times, of course I would expect that I can't tell because if it really happens that would probably keep me from being able to tell. :lol: Seriously though, I honestly don't think it happens to me, so I'd definitely like to hear more about it.

Personally I'd like to hear more about this subject, I can't say I recognize that kind of thing happening to me at such times, of course I would expect that I can't tell because if it really happens that would probably keep me from being able to tell. :lol: Seriously though, I honestly don't think it happens to me, so I'd definitely like to hear more about it.

Ask and ye shall receive. Orgasms: A real 'turn-off' for women.

Apparently when a woman has an orgasm several parts of her brain shut off. For men though, we're done so fast that the scanners used wouldn't detect anything.

Learn something new every day! (Or in this case 6 years ago this June. Why do I remember these things?)

(Yes, it's not a complete brain shut down, but then it's not anecdotal like what happens when a guy is flashed.)

Ask and ye shall receive. Orgasms: A real 'turn-off' for women.

Apparently when a woman has an orgasm several parts of her brain shut off. For men though, we're done so fast that the scanners used wouldn't detect anything.

Learn something new every day! (Or in this case 6 years ago this June. Why do I remember these things?)

(Yes, it's not a complete brain shut down, but then it's not anecdotal like what happens when a guy is flashed.)

I have heard about that before, or at least the female part, I'd never heard of the man being like that though.

The problem is with the rapists 100% and not with the women being slutty. Why don't you people just let others do what they want instead of judge them? The officer is a complete retard if he thinks reported rapes will go down due to modest clothing. In fact, I wish nudity was legalized instead of frowned upon because some arse hole doesn't like seeing someone else.

What a waste of a thread.

The problem is with the rapists 100% and not with the women being slutty. Why don't you people just let others do what they want instead of judge them? The officer is a complete retard if he thinks reported rapes will go down due to modest clothing. In fact, I wish nudity was legalized instead of frowned upon because some arse hole doesn't like seeing someone else.

What a waste of a thread.

You know it is very possible that while there are no effects on the crime stats by such a decision on the woman's part, that by giving them some sense of control over it could be very helpful for some. Like back in the cold war when students were told to hide under their desks if there's a nuclear bomb dropped. Guess what, all that means if you're vaporized with a desk above you or you got hit with that lethal dose of radiation a little closer to the ground. It's a comfort and empowerment plow as much as anything. (I'm mostly going from opinion here, and I welcome you to find a flaw in my logic.)

It is true that we are judging those that dress in a contrary way, but then that's something about clothing, it is meant to get people to judge you because it is always one of the first things people see. "Dress for success!" that's judging just as much as "dress for .." You dress for success, you are more likely to be successful. Dress for ., and you're probably more likely to get that too. Of course this could have only a minor impact on rape stats, especially as most women are raped by someone they know, so the clothes at the time are most likely inconsequential. The more important thing is to encourage women to always report a rape and to always got to the hospital immediately after it happens.